View this property at:
About this Property
Welcome to Starfish Cottage - Nightly Rate includes departure cleaning and linens!
This quintessential oceanfront beach bungalow includes 2 separate living spaces, 2 kitchens, and vintage character. This 'old school' beach home has no limit on size or number of dogs, and plenty of back yard parking. Savor speedy access to the beach via the access located just steps from the back door or sit on the back outdoor space and take in the striking sea vistas and wind while sitting under the palm tree. When you’re ready for a meal and a couple drinks, easily walk 3 blocks up the beach to Sea Grille and Tiki Bar.
This unit is midway between downtown Carolina Beach and downtown Kure Beach.
4 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms / Sleeps 8
• Bedroom 1: twin size bed with trundle, ceiling fan.
• Master Bedroom: Queen size bed, ceiling fan, access to the bathroom.
• Bathroom: vanity, shower/tub combo with access from the bedroom or living room.
• Kitchen: full kitchen, seating for 2 at the bar, enormous sea view window.
• Dining Room: seating for 4 at the table.
• Living Room: Sea view, TV, 1 couch, 2 side chairs, coffee table, access to back.
• Back Deck: access from the living room, picnic table, 1 rocking chair, 1 lounge chair, stairs to ground level.
• Sun Room: Appreciate seat and side chair.
• Washer and Dryer.
• Living Room: TV, couch, side chair.
• Kitchen: full kitchen with seating for 3 at the table.
• Bedroom 3: full size bed, ceiling fan.
• Bedroom 4: full size bed, ceiling fan, TV, access to bathroom.
• Bathroom: Vanity, shower/tub combo, washer & dryer, access from hallway and bedroom 4.
• Washer and Dryer: located in the bathroom.
• Covered Patio: Picnic table, bench.
• Private driveway with space for 4 cars.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE INCLUDES: Linens (including comforters, blankets, pillows), unit protection waiver, departure cleaning (not included with monthly units). Absolutely no events such as weddings, sororities,fraternities, bachelor or bachelorette events etc... NO Smoking. Stairs on premises, no elevator. Available for rent by the week during the summer months Saturday - Saturday. Monthly reservations during the off season (November to March). IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BRING A PET- an additional fee of $300 will be collected, please notify Sea Coast Units. Add $100 for each subsequent dog.
**Paper towels and toilet tissue, trash bags, soaps, detergents, minimal cleaning supplies, beach towels, and any specialty items are NOT supplied and would need to be brought with you, or bought once you arrive on the island.
ENHANCED CLEANING: We follow CDC cleaning guidelines and ensure all high touched areas have been wiped down with disinfectant spray.
GUEST ACCESS: Keyed entry. Our units are individually owned and our visitors will have use of the entire unit!
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE:
SUMMER CHECK-INS begin at 4:00PM and end at 6:00PM. OFF SEASON CHECK-INS: begin at 3:00PM and end at 4:30PM. Guests arriving, after office closing time, must contact our office to arrange for a late key pickup.
CHECK OUT: Is before 10:00AM. We adhere to this policy so please do not arrive early or plan to delay your departure.
Our south end beaches offer tons of experience as well. Find aquatic wildlife at our North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher or savor a peaceful ferry ride across the Cape Fear River to a cozy little shopping town called Southport. Take a trip back in time at the Fort Fisher State Historic Site and Museum which includes live oak covered trails and bunkers from the American Civil War. Or wind down with nature at our two state parks, sure to give a memorable experience with hiking, fishing, and water activities such as paddle boarding and kayaking. As one of North Carolina's most undeveloped beaches, the island offers a unique opportunity to see many diverse coastal wildlife, including pelicans and loggerhead sea turtles, in their natural habitat. Whether its exploring activities on the island or easily savoring the sea vistas, Pleasure Island life is sure to capture your heart.
Explore the treasures of Pleasure Island; ranked one of the top 10 boardwalks in the country by Food & Wine magazine. One of the last remaining beach boardwalks on the East Coast it includes a variety of eateries, arcade, stores, ice cream, Famous Britts Donuts, bars, and more! During the summer months, the Boardwalk is bustling with the sound of music, and extraordinary events like the weekly fireworks and concert series. Annual off- season events that include Boardwalk activities are Christmas by the Sea and the Island of Lights Festival.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus offer printed travel guides with savings for property management companies, dining and activities. Keep an eye out for these publications and discount books, since this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same great activities at a quite often substantial discounted.
- Are your vacation dates flexible? Shoulder seasons special offer phenomenal savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for discount rates. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a special offer.
- Some vacation rentals are practically designed to serve particular clients, whether it is soundside units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. If there's a specific Southport activity that you just love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed due to medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
Many people are shocked to learn just how many rental homes are offered in Southport. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an ideal getaway to accommodate their Southport family, from relaxing condominiums to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all vacation homes in Southport are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and knowledge to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Southport vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most newcomers will be delighted to learn that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
Searching for and booking the best vacation property:
Do you believe "Oceanfront Home - 4Bedrooms | 2Baths | Dog Friendly (no limit) - Nightly Rate" is the best vacation property for your next getaway? Browse through this check list to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many renowned destinations, In Southport the best rental properties are booked very early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Decide on a Village and Date
Consensus can be tough between family members, but the moment this difficult part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
Selecting an Appropriately-Sized Rental home
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you should have. Consider that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. If not, email or call the property manager before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Check to make sure "Oceanfront Home - 4Bedrooms | 2Baths | Dog Friendly (no limit) - Nightly Rate" fits your budget *during your desired dates*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving a pricey rental. Generally, one person in the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and recovering each party's contribution.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What amenities is the group looking for? Do you just desire a rental with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental property fee? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate property.
Do a few people in your crew have specific needs? Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Do not forget to include your companion! Dog policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and dog breeds can be controlled. Be sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
It Is Time to Search
As soon as the location, time and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Southport local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local companies often have an exclusive selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Your best chance of a reduced rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study The Contract
Read through the complete contract and make certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal price, travelers will have to pay local taxes when renting "Oceanfront Home - 4Bedrooms | 2Baths | Dog Friendly (no limit) - Nightly Rate", as well as various other fees which might be required depending on their situation, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Rental home management companies and property owners often offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives comfort should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear when you arrive. We also recommend promptly calling the rental home manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any required repairs. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be helpful.
- You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call prevents many hassles.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. More often than not, surrounding properties are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation a good deal more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep each room in the house for forgotten items. Check bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, porches, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your remain. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Virtually all rental property web sites seek testimonials after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but completely honest regarding your rental experience. The best owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the situation.
Use Your Experience
How did they feel about the rental home? With a little luck everything was exceptional and you are ready to reserve the same rental for next year. If the rental wasn't perfect, and you'll better recognize how to refine your search for the next trip.