View this property at:
About this Property
MILITARY AND FIRST RESPONDER DISCOUNTS, see our reviews for "Somewhere South" This is our second condo, we have very high standards, see the glowing reviews.
*** We honor our Military and First Responders. Military and First Responders will ALWAYS receive a discount, we come from families of Military, Police, and Firemen. It's our way of Paying it Forward. (Discounts vary from $5 - $20 off per nighttime, up to complimentary nights depending on season, length of stay, and other discounts running. Must give proof of service before renting complete)
Forget Me Knot is our second rental condo in Sunset Beach, see our reviews under "Somewhere South". We modernized this Oyster Bay Colony 1 condo as our personal holiday home until we moved here full time. We used Granite, calming furnishings, and alluring decor. All carpet and high end vinyl floor is new. We offer a Sizable Intelligent TV in the Family room, and 2 flat screen tvs in the bedrooms. The front bedroom has a private screened in porch, and there is a enormous wrap patio off of the family room to appreciate the vistas of the pond and the Oyster Bay Golf course. We are on the green, savor one of the rocking chairs as you critique the putts of others. At nighttime you can hear the sea, as the condo is across the street from the ICW. Listen to the owls and the sea while relishing a drink in a rocking chair.
Each bedroom has 2 queen beds, new furnishings, and a sizable closet. We only use 100% COTTON sheets with high quality linens, not the cheap poly that the generous rental companies use. Everything is new, each bed has a variety of pillows, and we have additional new blankets in the closets. *** ALL BEDDING IS CHANGED AND WASHED BETWEEN GUESTS. QUILTS AND COMFORTERS TOO*** We have 3 sets of linens, so they are rotated as well as ALWAYS washed after every guest!
Forget Me Knot comes supplied with the following:
- linens that gets changed and sanitized after each guest.
-towels. Bath, hand, washcloth. 8 supplied. All new and white. Bathmats included.
-beach towels. 28x58 8 supplied.
-BASIC beach chairs. They're one position low to the ground.
-Cooler. Soft sided with rollers. Frozen water bottles in freezer
-Beach Bag and some Beach toys.
-Couch sheets to protect the furnishings and add a layer of happiness for our visitors.
-Thoroughly outfitted kitchen to create excellent meals, or easily reheat leftovers from one of our many eateries. 2 crock pots, good knives, blender, egg cooker are just a few additional items.
-A "welcome" kit with at least 2 rolls of toilet paper, roll of paper towels, 1 laundry pod, 1 dishwasher pod, kitchen dish rags and dish towels. Enough to get you started until you can get to the Store (which are 5 mins. away). We supply hand soap and laundry soap. We usually have additional soaps and cleaning items in the condo as well. *we try and keep soaps in the condo, but not guaranteed. You will always have the welcome pack, but we try and stock it with more, and ask our visitors to leave what is there and feel complimentary to add to it.
***100% of the CLEANING FEE GOES TO OUR CREW*** The unit is sprayed, cleaned, and sprayed again. We use new linens, quilts, towels, etc with each new guest. Everything is sprayed with a sanitizer as well as wiped down with a bleach solution. Our cleaning prices may be pricier, but our units are spotless and tidy, with high end fabrics.
The beach is a fast 5 min. drive over the bridge.
Please reach out with any questions, we are eager to please and make your stay as classy as possible while on holiday!
The pool is a brief Walk from our condo, the swipe key is located by the door. There is a $50 fee if you break or loose the swipe key.
You also can pay to use the Activity Center inside Sea Trail on Clubhouse Road. About a 6 min. drive. There you will have access to an indoor and outdoor pool, hot tub, etc... That is a pay to use option...
We have many great eateries within a brief 20 min. drive. Myrtle Beach is 40 mins. away, and Wilmington is about an hour. Our condo is centrally located, you can fly into either city, and stay on budget.
We have a notebook in the condo with our favorite places, and encourage our visitors to add their thoughts and fun finds to it!
The island of Sunset Beach is located one mile from the Sea Trail Resort. This Barrier island is known for its big beaches and natural sand dunes. The gentle slope and smooth soft sand makes Sunset one of the top beaches in the country. The island has residential homes only, no high-rise condos or hotels. It has a few modest retail stores, and is a very pristine and casual island get away . Bird Island, a national wildlife preserve, is a brief walk down the beach and is also the location of the "Kindred Spirit". Appreciate fishing on the pier, surfing, body boarding, or shelling.
Stay a week or a month and enjoy peaceful in the superb coastal village of Sunset Beach. Within an hour you can visit historic Wilmington, Southport with a ferry to Fort Fisher, the aquarium and Bald Head Island. Little River for fishing charters, dolphin tours, casino cruises and waterfront dining. Calabash is known for it seafood eateries, Calabash Creamery, and Callahan's Shopping. Fine dining or a Seafood Hut can be found within 20 mins. of the condo. Wilmington, North Myrtle Beach and Myrtle Beach are within an hour and offer shopping and entertainment.
The condo has new vinyl plank floor and furnishings, completely supplied for preparing, and super close to the fun and sun! Savor year 'round visiting at the condo! We want to be better than the Rental companies, and offer you and your appreciated ones the best holiday possible. We have comfortable accommodations, we may not have an sea view, but we are a high end ground floor unit, close to niceties, and a mile from the beach. We believe our visitors are all responsible people, and extend our niceties to you, we just ask that you treat the pools and luxuries with respect and be considerate to others.
***This is Building 1 801 is on the top of the building up high. It's the first building when turning into the complex. It has a BUILDING 1 sign on the front. See photos also
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Southport area traveller discount catalogs which include money-saving offers, either offered independently by vendors, or via a partnership between the management company and the merchant itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? Shoulder seasons special offer outstanding opportunities.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Several vacation rental companies offer price savings to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are primarily suited for particular groups of visitors. Event homes are great for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to music venues. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and places of interest you are most excited about.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners often offer their clients an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed resulting from medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or extra fuel.
General Rental property Information
Some people are shocked to discover how many vacation rentals can be found in their area of interest. With such a big selection, guests are sure to locate a rental home that matches their expectations and spending budget.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are critical in assisting guests with booking, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as repairs and maintenance issues that may arise.
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation home search and booking process.
How to find and book the best rental home:
Do you think "10% OFF SEPT & OCT WEEK RENTALS, Updated 1stFlr Condo, Oyster Bay GC 2bd~2ba " is the best rental home for your next family vacation? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Southport vacation rentals start booking early. To guarantee the best selection of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Southport vacation home 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Many households prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Pick a Village and Time
Quite often, the most challenging part of organizing your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, everything else becomes simplier and easier.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Be mindful that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is suitable for the company. Generally rental listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Make a Spending Limit
Most rental homes are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the price for your preferred stay. It could be at the top end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before reserving a costly vacation property. Generally, a single person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is your family interested in? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Will the property need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Will the home have bikes and body boards for use during your stay? Build a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Do people in your group have specific needs? Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Remember to include your pets. Animal policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when pets are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
A number of websites exist to match guests with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Southport local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Aside from having exceptional rental properties, local companies offer exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything required. If it is lacking, the rental management company may know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. This is more effective through the off-season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Read the Total Agreement
Read the full contract and make sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you think you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Remember that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation home! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damage soon after you arrive. If you find problems, or if repairs are required get in touch with the home manager right away.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Be considerate of the community. Residents often live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep every room in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, porches, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental? Nearly all rental management company websites seek feedback after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If anything was disagreeable and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you should note that as part of your review.
Did everyone have a good time? Hopefully this guide steered you to a great rental home. Otherwise, you've acquired useful experience to aid with the next search.