How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most tourism bureaus will send you promotional guides with deals for vacation rental management companies, dining and activities. Search for these magazines and discount books, as this allows travelers to take advantage of those terrific attractions with a often significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to adjust your dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Are you a military veteran? Several management companies offer discount rates to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are particularly suited for specific types of vacationers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to music venues. You will definitely get the most value from a rental that most directly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Property management companies and individual property owners generally offer customers the option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Newcomers are often surprised at the number and wide range of short term vacation rentals available in the Southport area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all rental homes in Southport are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Property owners often select management companies to assist with marketing, house cleaning and maintenance.
Seasoned Southport vacationers have figured out a few tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however most novices will be happy to realize that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you know where to search.
Finding and reserving the best vacation property:
Do you think "Cozy Getaway for you and the Family. Ferry that takes you to multiple beaches!" is the perfect rental home for your next family vacation? Look over this guide to ensure it fits your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Like many popular vacation spots, In Southport the best rental homes are booked early. To ensure the best selection of homes, we suggest searching and booking your Southport rental Six-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for family groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Find your Area and Choose Dates
Agreement can be complicated among relatives, but the moment this complicated part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
Decide on a Size
How many relatives are joining your trip? Bear in mind that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Most rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Spend?
Most rental homes are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your chosen week. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to booking a pricey rental property. Generally speaking, a single member of the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and collecting each party's share.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What home features is your group trying to find? Do you just desire a home with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Does the property need to be beach front, downtown, or near shopping? Are sheets offered with the rental contract, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Occasionally the senior generation has challenges with staircases. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, include that into your search. The majority of rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Remember to include your pets. Animal friends are welcome at many vacation rentals, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be limited. Be sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
Several internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Southport local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local agencies usually have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Total Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides peace of mind should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear when you arrive. We also recommend immediately calling the rental manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any fixes. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be useful.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call helps prevent many complications.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. More often than not, neighboring properties are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. When possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Just about all property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to give comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was great, they will appreciate your praise. If something went wrong and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or if the property was not as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. How did they feel about the rental home? Hopefully everything ended up being perfect and you are excited to reserve the same property for next year. Otherwise, you have acquired useful rental search experience to help with another search.