View this property at:
About this Property
The Comforts of Home - Beach Getaway: With the beach access across the street, the beach awaits you. 5 rocking chairs on the front porch are there for your comfort. Peeks of the sea from the front porch, master bed room, other bedroom and living room. Peek of the canal to the Intercoastal waterway is from back porch, dining room and a bedroom.
Significant renovations were made inside duiring the Spring and Summer of 2010 to include refreshed sleeper couch, adore seat and chair which give a inviting spot for you to watch TV with a blu ray DVD or savor family time. All weather proof windows and blinds have been installed, Barbour carpet throughout the home except for bathrooms, dining area and kitchen where Italian tile has been laid. Counter tops in both bathrooms now have been changed to handsome granite. The Wet Bar area also now has beautiful granite from Brazil as well. Appliances in the kitchen are Stainless Steel Kenmore or GE units (stove, refrigerator and dishwasher). Thoroughly supplied kitchen with dinnerware, flatware, cookware and modest appliances supplied. The Master bedroom has a king size bed (new 2016) with a flat screen, TV, blu ray DVD and a bathroom with a washer and dryer. The second bedroom has queen size bed (new 2017), trundle twin bed (new 2016), TV and blu ray DVD . The third bedroom has a queen size bed (new 2017) with a TV and blu ray DVD . A picnic table sits on the back porch for your appreciation. Ceiling fans have been installed in every bedroom and the living room. There is a modest entertainment center with a audio system (radio, tape, CD) and a host of various table games for your appreciation.
Outside have 6 beach chairs, a beach umbrella, a charcoal grille, 7 stackable chairs and 4 modest side tables. We also have 5 outdoor rocking chairs and 3 modest side tables on the front porch and 2 rocking chairs and table on the back porch along with a picnic table. We also have an outdoor enclose shower.
A whimsical and Striking island, without hordes or flashing lights, Holden Beach is a beach lover's dream! The Town of Holden Beach, nationally recognized as one of the premier 'Family Beaches' in the United States. Holden Beach is proud of what we do not have. We are primarily a residential community, with a modest commercial area. Holden Beach is a great place to relax, appreciate the beach and the natural wildlife that surrounds us. Collect shells and maybe some shark's teeth as you walk along the shore. Build sand castles, read, swim, nap, and ride the waves. We’ve even seen sea turtles hatching! Feel a holiday that is relaxing and unhurried; relax, reflect and rediscover yourself and your family! Two golf courses are and Brick Landing golf course in Sea Isle Beach. Numerous other courses are located in close by Calabash and North Myrtle Beach.
With famed Myrtle Beach, SC only an hour drive away, you can relax on the island all day and play in Myrtle all nighttime! Take in one of the many live shows (House of Blues, Legends, Alabama Theater, Carolina Opry, Medieval Times, and The Dixie Stampede) or dance the nighttime away at one of Broadway at the Beach’s nightclubs. Find some terrific bargains at the Tanger Outlets, where you can shop at Old Navy, Tommy Hilfiger, Gap, Liz Claiborne, and many, many other famed brand outlet stores. Putt-putt at the most marvelous putt-putt courses you have ever seen! There is also an IMAX at Broadway at the Beach. And did we mention the waterparks?
If you are looking for great dining, Calabash, “The Seafood Capitol of the World” is only 30 mins. away. The Barn seafood restaurant is only 3 miles away over the Holden Beach bridge.
Or you can stay at home and prepare your own meals in our entirely supplied kitchen or grille out in the backyard!
Only 15 mins. away, the town of Shallotte offers eateries without the hordes and a movie theater! There is also a Walmart, CVS, Belk, Bath & Bodyworks, Home Depot, Lowes Home Improvement and other stores.
Just mins. up the road from Shallotte you’ll find the historic town of Southport where you can walk the shady, oak lined streets and shop for unique gifts and antiques. Take a day trip on the ferry from Southport to Bald Head Island where you can rent a golf cart (no cars allowed on the island) and tour the island. Or, take the ferry to Fort Fisher and visit the Civil War Museum or the Fort Fisher Aquarium. Pack a picnic lunch, feed the feathered friends, and search for starfish among the mossy rocks.
Historic Wilmington, NC is about 40 mins. away. With a colorful past, including tons of pirates, this is a fun city to tour, on foot or by carriage! Visit the USS North Carolina battleship while you are there! Lots of neat stores and eateries are on Chandlers Wharf!
Charleston, SC is a roughly 120 miles away, but well worth the drive! You can tour the city in a horse drawn carriage and play in the fountain at the waterfront park.
Keywords: beach, sea, public beach access, new appliances, bungalow, home, 2nd row, hideaway, family, no family dogs and cats, no smoking, Address: 364 Sea Blvd W, Holden Beach, NC, 28462
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most established tourism bureaus will send guide books with special offers for rental management companies, dining and tours. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Are you willing to switch your dates? Off-peak times offer up sizeable deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for discounts. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular groups of guests. Event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to music venues. You'll receive the most value from a rental which most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers travellers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed resulting from health emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are often times surprised at the number and wide variety of weekly vacation rentals available in the Southport area. With such a big selection, guests are certain to find a rental that fits their expectations and spending budget.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their home, management companies are critical in helping families with making reservations, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as maintenance issues that may arise.
Seasoned Southport vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most beginners will be happy to realize that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Searching for and booking the best vacation property:
Before you start to book "FUN BEACH GETAWAY! Beach Access Across the Street / Fully Equipped Kitchen", examine our short list of things to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Southport the best vacation rentals are booked very early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months in advance of your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental home..
Select a Community and Time
Agreement can be tricky among relatives, but the moment this challenging part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
Just How Much Vacation rental Do You Actually Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that a lot of homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you book.
Create a Spending Limit
Will the chosen rental fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If several groups or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure that each person knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. A single individual in your party needs to be responsible for gathering repayments and accepting responsibility for the whole rental price at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is your family interested in? Are you looking for a rental home with outside lounge? Does the unit need to be beach front, the downtown area, or near night life? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Special Things to consider
Optimal accessibility could make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure you include your furrry friends. While quite a few rental homes permit household pets, guidelines and charges vary per rental. Many limitations may dismiss a prospective rental property. Read your agreement carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Where to Search
As soon as the location, time and people are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Southport local rental homes" for local property management companies. In addition to having exclusive properties, local companies provide superb service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be certain the home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the rental home management company may know of comparable homes that better fit your preferences and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Entire Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental agreements require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any problems immediately after you arrive. We also advise promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any required repairs. This can prevent conflicts during checkout.
- You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or spa tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Residents should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check every space of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Virtually all rental management company web sites seek comments after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing ratings. If something was wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you should note that as part of your review.
Learn from your Stay
Did they feel about the vacation rental? Ideally everything turned out to be perfect and you're excited to re-book the same rental for your next vacation. If not, you've acquired invaluable experience that can help with your next search.