- Ocean Isle Beach
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8.5 Bathrooms
- 4 Ring Stove
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Away From It All
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Covered Parking
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Filtered Water
- Games For Kids
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Large Cooler
- Laundry Soap
- Limited Accessibility
- Linens Provided
- Living Area
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Tennis Court
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Game Console
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Deck
About this PropertyThis magnificent home is less than 250 yards from the public beach access. It has 8 bedrooms (including 4 Kings), 6 1/2 baths, and can sleep 20 in beds. The kitchen, living room and main master are on the 3rd floor and have great vistas. The home has a private pool, which can be heated in the spring and fall. The dual, heated outdoor shower with Poly-Wood decking is convenient for rinsing off after returning from the beach.
In December 2018, we replaced two of the King beds and one of the Queens. In 2017, we put a a new 70-inch Vizio TV in the main living room. In November 2016, we upgraded the 2nd living room to a 65-inch Intelligent TV. All 8 bedrooms have flat screen HD TVs, multiple of which are Intelligent TVs. An elevator serves every floor (not the case in all homes with elevators). The home has high-speed, secure WiFi through Spectrum's Ultimate 300 Internet and Orbi mesh routers with speeds up to 350Mbps so you can stay connected. There are ceiling fans and tile floors all over, and a thoroughly outfitted kitchen with quartz countertops and a double oven.
Wrap-around decks on each level have tables and chairs and offer great vistas of the sea and sound. With four King bedrooms, this home works great for generous, multi-generational family gatherings and holidays with multiple families. We have also hosted many church retreats and corporate retreats.
What to Come with: A complete linen package is supplied for all of our Summer visitors. In the off-season, the full linen package is available for $350 (reduced price available for fewer than 20 visitors). We do not give beach towels or other beach gear. However, you can pack a little lighter, as we give an all-terrain Radio Flyer wagon, Wheeleez Beach Cart, and rolling cooler for transporting children, beach chairs, and beverages, respectively, to and from the beach.
Conveniences: The home has a private pool which can be heated for a surcharge of $40/day or $250/week.
In 2017, we added new resort grade furnishings to the pool area, with reclining lounge chairs for sunbathing, as well as two tables and non-reclining chairs for pool-side dining. There is a full-sized refrigerator on the ground level to keep your pool drinks cold. We give a number of pool toys and floats for the children. The outdoor shower includes two shower heads each with hot and cold water, as well as Poly-wood decking (no splinters).
In addition to a collection of Blue-ray DVDs, the home has a Netflix account which can be accessed via the Intelligent TVs.
The sizable kitchen is well supplied with service for 20. It is supplied with stainless steel appliances, including a smooth-top 5-burner stove, double oven, microwave, toaster oven, 2 coffee makers, Keurig, Ninja blender, dishwasher, and French-door refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and filtered water. There are plenty of pots, pans, casserole dishes, mixing bowls, muffin pans, etc. Several visitors have commented that this kitchen is better supplied than theirs at home.
The home is also supplied with a stackable washer and dryer, as well as an iron and ironing board. There is a clothes line in the carport for hanging wet beach towels and bathing suits.
Recreation: Of course, the main attraction is the beach but there are also many great golf courses within 15 mins. (and over 100 in a 20 mile radius of OIB). Our home also has its own private pool (can be heated for a surcharge of $40/day or $250/week). On the island, there is a miniature golf course and tennis courts. You can also rent bicycles or charter a fishing trip. The Museum of Coastal Carolina is also located on the island.
Just off the island, you can find go-cart racing and more miniature golf. Silver Coast Winery is only 15 mins. from the island and offers tours and tastings. Myrtle Beach is only 45 mins. away and has everything from water parks to outlet malls to the NASCAR Speedpark. It is also home to the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, a Class A minor league baseball team affiliated with the Chicago Cubs.
We are at the end of a lightly traveled street, so bicycle riding is a safe activity. Inside, there are toys and board games and a new Sony PS4 with mostly E-reviewed games.
Eateries: There are a number of eateries on the island, and more on the mainland. We do have a few favorites. For dinner, Roberto's, just off the island, is our favorite. The Bang-Bang Shrimp makes a great appetizer. The fish is always new and the pasta dishes are hard to beat. The pizza is so good we often have them prepare 2 that we freeze and bring home. Roberto's also has a full bar.
Calabash, the 'Seafood Capital of the World,' is only 6 miles from OIB. For dinner, we adore The Boundary House. Capt. Nance's offers the typical fried fish, shrimp and hush puppies, and the prices are decent.
For breakfast, we like Sarah's in Sunset Beach, but it's modest so it doesn't work well for huge groups. Our other favorite is the Purple Onion Cafe in Shallotte which has giant pancakes, blueberry biscuits and unbelievable raspberry croissants. If you need a caffeine fix, OIB Surf and Java is just off the island in the Lowes Foods shopping center.
The OIB Fish Company has a rooftop Tiki Bar and is on the island just before the bridge. The Sugar Shack is highly regarded for its Jamaican cuisine, but call ahead because it is usually busy.
Be sure to check out the link to our website with a 360 degree tour of the home.
You can also become a fan on our Facebook page. Just search 'OIB Sea View'
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property owners and vacation rental homes provide Southport area promotional guides which feature deals, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the management company and the local store itself. Look for these guides and promotional books, as this allows vacation goers to discover the same terrific activities with a generally considerable discounted.
- Could you adjust your trip dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top pricing.
- Several property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning vacationers of the same rental. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a special offer.
- Is there a particular experience you are most longing for ? If there's a certain Southport activity you simply love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider getting trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed resulting from medical related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are surprised to learn how many vacation homes are located in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all rentals in Southport are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, systems and knowledge to provide painless operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Southport vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be delighted to realize that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know where they should search.
How to find and book the perfect rental home:
Do you think "8BR (4 Kings) Oceanview, Elevator, Private Pool, Free Linens for Summer Guests!" is the best rental home for your upcoming vacation? Browse through this check list to confirm it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Southport rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Holiday reunions are a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer escapes..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Sometimes, the toughest part of organizing your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be simpler.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the company. Generally vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Establish Your Budget
Make sure "8BR (4 Kings) Oceanview, Elevator, Private Pool, Free Linens for Summer Guests!" satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. If many groups or families are sharing the cost, check that everyone knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. A single member of your party will have to be in charge of gathering contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental price at time of booking.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is your family searching for? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental with outdoor dining area? Would you like to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are bed linens included with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Special Factors to consider
Adequate access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. Almost all rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the crew traveling with a family pet? Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Make sure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you book!
Searching the Internet
After the location, time and people are decided, search multiple sources to find the best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Southport local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a top-quality vacation experience.
When you've found your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an extra night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study The Contract
Read through the entire agreement and be sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you need to Cancel
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Remember to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your rental! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. We also advise promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation considerably more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind items. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your remain. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Virtually all rental property web sites request reviews after your stay . Owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing ratings. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but sincere regarding your stay. Top property owners and managers will work hard to fix the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did they love their stay? Ideally everything turned out to be exceptional and you are all set to reserve the rental for next year. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience that can help with another search.
- Drift - 1.3 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 1.3 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 1.5 miles
- Sugar Shack - 1.5 miles
- The View At Brick Landing Plantation - 3.5 miles
- River Country Mini Golf - 1.2 miles
- Ocean Isle Beach Pier - 1.2 miles
- Ocean Isle Fishing Center - 1.3 miles
- Ingram Planetarium - 1.3 miles
- Museum of Coastal Carlina - 1.3 miles
- Museum of Coastal Carolina - 1.3 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 1.3 miles
- Carolina School of Surf - 1.4 miles