- Ocean Isle Beach
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis marvelous home is less than 250 yards from the public beach access. It has 8 bedrooms (including 4 Kings), 6 1/2 baths, and can sleep 20 in beds. The kitchen, living room and main master are on the 3rd floor and have great vistas. The home has a private pool, which can be heated in the spring and fall. The dual, heated outdoor shower with Poly-Wood decking is convenient for rinsing off after returning from the beach.
In December 2018, we replaced two of the King beds and one of the Queens. In 2017, we put a a new 70-inch Vizio TV in the main living room. In November 2016, we upgraded the 2nd living room to a 65-inch Intelligent TV. All 8 bedrooms have flat screen HD TVs, multiple of which are Intelligent TVs. An elevator serves every floor (not the case in all homes with elevators). The home has high-speed, secure WiFi through Spectrum's Ultimate 300 Internet and Orbi mesh routers with speeds up to 350Mbps so you can stay connected. There are ceiling fans and tile floors all over, and a completely outfitted kitchen with quartz countertops and a double oven.
Wrap-around decks on each level have tables and chairs and offer great vistas of the sea and sound. With four King bedrooms, this home works great for huge, multi-generational family gatherings and holidays with multiple families. We have also hosted many church retreats and corporate retreats.
What to Come with: A complete linen package is included for all of our Summer visitors. In the off-season, the full linen package is available for $350 (reduced price available for fewer than 20 visitors). We do not give beach towels or other beach gear. However, you can pack a little lighter, as we give an all-terrain Radio Flyer wagon, Wheeleez Beach Cart, and rolling cooler for transporting children, beach chairs, and beverages, respectively, to and from the beach.
Conveniences: The home has a private pool which can be heated for a surcharge of $40/day or $250/week.
In 2017, we added new resort grade furnishings to the pool area, with reclining lounge chairs for sunbathing, as well as two tables and non-reclining chairs for pool-side dining. There is a full-sized refrigerator on the ground level to keep your pool drinks cold. We give a number of pool toys and floats for the children. The outdoor shower includes two shower heads each with hot and cold water, as well as Poly-wood decking (no splinters).
In addition to a collection of Blue-ray DVDs, the home has a Netflix account which can be accessed via the Intelligent TVs.
The enormous kitchen is well supplied with service for 20. It is supplied with stainless steel appliances, including a smooth-top 5-burner stove, double oven, microwave, toaster oven, 2 coffee makers, Keurig, Ninja blender, dishwasher, and French-door refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and filtered water. There are plenty of pots, pans, casserole dishes, mixing bowls, muffin pans, etc. Several visitors have commented that this kitchen is better supplied than theirs at home.
The home is also supplied with a stackable washer and dryer, as well as an iron and ironing board. There is a clothes line in the carport for hanging wet beach towels and bathing suits.
Recreation: Of course, the main attraction is the beach but there are also many great golf courses within 15 mins. (and over 100 in a 20 mile radius of OIB). Our home also has its own private pool (can be heated for a surcharge of $40/day or $250/week). On the island, there is a miniature golf course and tennis courts. You can also rent bicycles or charter a fishing trip. The Museum of Coastal Carolina is also located on the island.
Just off the island, you can find go-cart racing and more miniature golf. Silver Coast Winery is only 15 mins. from the island and offers tours and tastings. Myrtle Beach is only 45 mins. away and has everything from water parks to outlet malls to the NASCAR Speedpark. It is also home to the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, a Class A minor league baseball team affiliated with the Chicago Cubs.
We are at the end of a lightly traveled street, so bicycle riding is a safe activity. Inside, there are toys and board games and a new Sony PS4 with mostly E-reviewed games.
Eateries: There are a number of eateries on the island, and more on the mainland. We do have a few favorites. For dinner, Roberto's, just off the island, is our favorite. The Bang-Bang Shrimp makes a great appetizer. The fish is always new and the pasta dishes are hard to beat. The pizza is so good we often have them prepare 2 that we freeze and bring home. Roberto's also has a full bar.
Calabash, the 'Seafood Capital of the World,' is only 6 miles from OIB. For dinner, we adore The Boundary House. Capt. Nance's offers the typical fried fish, shrimp and hush puppies, and the prices are decent.
For breakfast, we like Sarah's in Sunset Beach, but it's modest so it doesn't work well for sizable groups. Our other favorite is the Purple Onion Cafe in Shallotte which has giant pancakes, blueberry biscuits and marvelous raspberry croissants. If you need a caffeine fix, OIB Surf and Java is just off the island in the Lowes Foods shopping center.
The OIB Fish Company has a rooftop Tiki Bar and is on the island just before the bridge. The Sugar Shack is highly regarded for its Jamaican cuisine, but call ahead because it is usually busy.
Be sure to check out the link to our website with a 360 degree tour of the home.
You can also become a fan on our Facebook page. Just search 'OIB Sea View'
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation rental houses supply Southport area discount guides which feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the management company and the itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you can take a trip? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- A number of management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or repeat individuals of the same rental home. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discount.
- Some rentals are essentially designed to serve specific guests, whether it is oceanside rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sights you are most looking forward to.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed a result of medical related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are likely to be shocked at the range and selection of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Southport area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available makes it possible to find an suitable retreat to suit their Southport crew, from peaceful condos to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners typically select management companies to assist with promoting and marketing, house cleaning and maintenance.
We've put together a brief guide to help you get the most out of your rental home experience.
Where to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Do you believe "8BR (4 Kings) Oceanview, Elevator, Private Pool, Free Linens for Summer Guests!" is the perfect rental for your upcoming vacation? Read through this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Often
Southport rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plot their Summer escapes..
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Sometimes, the hardest portion of preparing for your trip is deciding where to search, and when. When the big decisions are hammered out, the rest is simplier and easier.
Pick a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for your family. Most rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Confirm that "8BR (4 Kings) Oceanview, Elevator, Private Pool, Free Linens for Summer Guests!" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before reserving a pricey rental home. One member of your company will need to be responsible for gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the entire rental price at time of reservation.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your group interested in? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Are you looking for a vacation property with open-air lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property charge? Gather a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Do a few people in your crew have specialized needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of rental home postings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your furry family members. Pet policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be restricted. Examine your agreement very carefully! Fees may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Start your Search
Several internet resources exist to match clients with rental home owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Southport local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. In addition to offering distinctive rental properties, local companies offer exceptional service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental home has everything you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Study The Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Ensure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Rental management companies and property owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed due to personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Property
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation home! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your observations.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, surrounding homes are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a visit substantially more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep each room in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, porches, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to confirm no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Most rental home management companies and rental websites permit travellers to provide comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but straightforward with regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a good time? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental. If the rental home wasn't quite right, and you'll better understand how to refine your search for the next time.
- Jinks Creek Waterfront Grille - 1.2 miles
- Drift - 1.3 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 1.3 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 1.5 miles
- Sugar Shack - 1.5 miles
- The View At Brick Landing Plantation - 3.5 miles
- River Country Mini Golf - 1.2 miles
- Ocean Isle Beach Pier - 1.2 miles
- Ocean Isle Fishing Center - 1.3 miles
- Museum of Coastal Carolina - 1.3 miles
- Ingram Planetarium - 1.3 miles
- Museum of Coastal Carlina - 1.3 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 1.3 miles
- Carolina School of Surf - 1.4 miles