- 8 Bedrooms
- 8.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Pool
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyView a 3D Virtual Tour of the home here (copy and paste the link into a new browser tab):
** Linens supplied for Oyster Festival Weekend October 18-20 **
This phenomenal home is less than 250 yards from the public beach access. It has 8 bedrooms (including 4 Kings), 6 1/2 baths, and can sleep 20 in beds. The kitchen, living room and main master are on the 3rd floor and have great vistas. The home has a private pool, which can be heated in the spring and fall. The dual, heated outdoor shower with Poly-Wood decking is convenient for rinsing off after returning from the beach.
In December 2018, we replaced two of the King beds and one of the Queens. In 2017, we put a a new 70-inch Vizio TV in the main living room. In November 2016, we upgraded the 2nd living room to a 65-inch Intelligent TV. All 8 bedrooms have flat screen HD TVs, multiple of which are Intelligent TVs. An elevator serves every floor (not the case in all homes with elevators). The home has high-speed, secure WiFi through Spectrum's Ultimate 300 Internet and Orbi mesh routers with speeds up to 350Mbps so you can stay connected. There are ceiling fans and tile floors everywhere, and a entirely supplied kitchen with quartz countertops and a double oven.
Wrap-around decks on each level have tables and chairs and offer great vistas of the sea and sound. With four King bedrooms, this home works great for generous, multi-generational family gatherings and holidays with multiple families. We have also hosted many church retreats and corporate retreats.
What to Come with: A complete linen package is supplied for all of our Summer visitors. In the off-season, the full linen package is available for $350 (reduced price available for fewer than 20 visitors). We do not give beach towels or other beach gear. However, you can pack a little lighter, as we give an all-terrain Radio Flyer wagon, Wheeleez Beach Cart, and rolling cooler for transporting children, beach chairs, and beverages, respectively, to and from the beach.
Conveniences: The home has a private pool which can be heated for a surcharge of $40/day or $250/week.
In 2017, we added new resort grade furnishings to the pool area, with reclining lounge chairs for sunbathing, as well as two tables and non-reclining chairs for pool-side dining. There is a full-sized refrigerator on the ground level to keep your pool drinks cold. We give a number of pool toys and floats for the children. The outdoor shower includes two shower heads each with hot and cold water, as well as Poly-wood decking (no splinters).
In addition to a collection of Blue-ray DVDs, the home has a Netflix account which can be accessed via the Intelligent TVs.
The huge kitchen is well supplied with service for 20. It is supplied with stainless steel appliances, including a smooth-top 5-burner stove, double oven, microwave, toaster oven, 2 coffee makers, Keurig, Ninja blender, dishwasher, and French-door refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and filtered water. There are plenty of pots, pans, casserole dishes, mixing bowls, muffin pans, etc. Several visitors have commented that this kitchen is better outfitted than theirs at home.
The home is also supplied with a stackable washer and dryer, as well as an iron and ironing board. There is a clothes line in the carport for hanging wet beach towels and bathing suits.
Recreation: Of course, the main attraction is the beach but there are also many great golf courses within 15 mins. (and over 100 in a 20 mile radius of OIB). Our home also has its own private pool (can be heated for a surcharge of $40/day or $250/week). On the island, there is a miniature golf course and tennis courts. You can also rent bicycles or charter a fishing trip. The Museum of Coastal Carolina is also located on the island.
Just off the island, you can find go-cart racing and more miniature golf. Silver Coast Winery is only 15 mins. from the island and offers tours and tastings. Myrtle Beach is only 45 mins. away and has everything from water parks to outlet malls to the NASCAR Speedpark. It is also home to the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, a Class A minor league baseball team affiliated with the Chicago Cubs.
We are at the end of a lightly traveled street, so bicycle riding is a safe activity. Inside, there are toys and board games and a new Sony PS4 with mostly E-reviewed games.
Eateries: There are a number of eateries on the island, and more on the mainland. We do have a few favorites. For dinner, Roberto's, just off the island, is our favorite. The Bang-Bang Shrimp makes a great appetizer. The fish is always new and the pasta dishes are hard to beat. The pizza is so good we often have them prepare 2 that we freeze and bring home. Roberto's also has a full bar.
Calabash, the 'Seafood Capital of the World,' is only 6 miles from OIB. For dinner, we adore The Boundary House. Capt. Nance's offers the typical fried fish, shrimp and hush puppies, and the prices are decent.
For breakfast, we like Sarah's in Sunset Beach, but it's modest so it doesn't work well for sizable groups. Our other favorite is the Purple Onion Cafe in Shallotte which has giant pancakes, blueberry biscuits and unreal raspberry croissants. If you need a caffeine fix, OIB Surf and Java is just off the island in the Lowes Foods shopping center.
The OIB Fish Company has a rooftop Tiki Bar and is on the island just before the bridge. The Sugar Shack is highly regarded for its Jamaican cuisine, but call ahead because it is usually busy.
Be sure to check out the link to our website with a 360 degree tour of the home.
You can also become a fan on our Facebook page. Just search 'OIB Sea View'
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property management companies and vacation properties provide Southport area promotional travel books which feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by vendors, or via a relationship between the management company and the store itself. These guides provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Willing to change your trip week? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for unique discounts. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some vacation rentals are basically catered to particular vacationers, whether it is soundside homes with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. If there's a certain Southport atteaction that you just love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed resulting from health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental Home Information
Some people are shocked to learn just how many rental homes can be found in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an optimum getaway to accommodate their Southport group, from relaxing condominiums to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to assist with promoting and marketing, cleaning and repairs and maintenance.
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation property experience.
Finding and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Do you think "8BR (4 Kings) Oceanview, Elevator, Heated Private Pool, Free Linens " is the best vacation property for your upcoming vacation? Browse through this check list to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Often
Southport vacation rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months before your trip. Many visitors decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select your Area and Travel Week
Start by picking which specific area of Southport you would like to browse, and the choose trip dates.
How Much Rental Do You Need?
Determine who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what type of bedroom configuration you will need. Try to remember that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the company. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Establish Your Budget
Make sure "8BR (4 Kings) Oceanview, Elevator, Heated Private Pool, Free Linens " works with your budget *during your desired dates*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking a costly rental property. One member of your party will have to be responsible for gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of reservation.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What amenities is your family trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Will the unit have bikes and body boards for use throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Grandparents will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. The majority of property postings include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your companion! Pet policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Make certain to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *before* you book!
Searching the Internet
When the location, dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Southport local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from having exclusive rental properties, local agencies provide outstanding service..
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation rental has everything required. If something is missing, the home management company might know of similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak season offers your best chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study the Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you reassurance should catastrophe strike.
When you feel you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To ensure no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the property. Contact the property manager right away to report your findings. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Often times, neighboring households are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a visit substantially more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Virtually all rental management company sites ask for feedback after your stay . Property owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing reviews. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but completely honest with regards to your stay. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Does everybody want to go back? With some luck everything was perfect and you are excited to re-book the same rental home for next year. If the rental was not perfect, and you will better recognize how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Jinks Creek Waterfront Grille - 1.2 miles
- Drift - 1.3 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 1.3 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 1.5 miles
- Sugar Shack - 1.5 miles
- The View At Brick Landing Plantation - 3.5 miles
- River Country Mini Golf - 1.2 miles
- Ocean Isle Beach Pier - 1.2 miles
- Ocean Isle Fishing Center - 1.3 miles
- Museum of Coastal Carolina - 1.3 miles
- Ingram Planetarium - 1.3 miles
- Museum of Coastal Carlina - 1.3 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 1.3 miles
- Carolina School of Surf - 1.4 miles