- Ocean Isle Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Covered Parking
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Gas Fireplace
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYour family and friends will have a terrific holiday in this well maintained home. The home has a reverse floor plan with the main living area on the second floor to take advantage of the sea view. There are adirondack chairs and porch rockers plus a dining table and chairs on the voluminous top level outdoor space. This top level has a chef's well supplied kitchen with granite counters, stainless steel appliances including two sinks, separate ice machine, food processor, two toasters, two coffee makers, electric knife sharpener and extravagant cookware. The dining table can seat 10 with additional space for six at the adjacent counter. There are two bedrooms on the top level, one with two queen beds and one with a queen bed.Both bedrooms have TV's. All bedrooms have a private bath. The living room has a generous screen HDTV with surround sound and Blue-Ray DVD. There is WIFI internet access (computer not supplied). This level has a sectional couch, recliner and two club chairs with ottomans.
On the first living level there is a den with wet bar, drink refrigerator and a comfortable sectional couch, chairs and a flat screen HDTV. This level includes covered decks with the hot tub. The washer and dryer are on this level as are three bedrooms. The master bedroom with a king bed, a bedroom with a queen bed, and a bedroom with a bunk set and a double bed. The master and the queen bedrooms have flat screen HD TV's.
This is a great off season home with a private swimming pool that can be heated, a 4-5 person hot tub off of the first floor outdoor space. The beach access is a brief walk, about 1/10 of a mile.
Sea Isle Beach offers a peaceful casual family holiday with warm water and a uncrowded beach. The area is a golfer's bliss with over 30 courses in Brunswick County and over 100 in Myrtle Beach. There is convenient grocery shopping and eateries. If you want more activity, then historic Wilmington, North Carolina is about 40 mins. north and North Myrtle Beach is 25 mins. to the south. For general aviation pilots there is an Sea Isle airport 5 mins. from the home.
Keywords: Beach House
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send printed guide books with deals for lodging, restaurants and attractions. Keep an eye out for these guides and discount books, because this allows visitors to take advantage of those fantastic attractions with a typically substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you might visit? Off-peak times offer up tremendous discounts.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active and veteran men and women of the Military, or returning vacationers to the same property. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some rental properties are basically catered to particular visitors, whether it is downtown homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a particular Southport activity you simply love, keep an eye out for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests the option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed due to personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
First-timers are likely to be surprised at the number and variety of short-term vacation rentals available in the Southport area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are instrumental in helping travellers with reserving, check-in, housekeeping services, and any maintenance problems that may occur.
Seasoned Southport vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental homes, however many newcomers will be happy to find that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
How to find and book the perfect rental home:
Do you believe " Ocean View, Elevator, Private Pool, Hot tub, Gas grill, close to beach access" is the best rental property for your upcoming vacation? Read through this check list to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Southport vacation homes are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best selection of vacation homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Southport getaway Six-12 months in advance, whenever possible. A lot of households plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Choose your Town and Vacation Week
Start by determining which specific area of Southport you prefer to explore, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Pick a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for your company. Generally rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Spend?
The majority of vacation rentals are presented with a price range. Confirm the rate for your chosen week. It may be at the top end of the range. If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that each party understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the group searching for? Do you simply want a rental home with a pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or night life? Will the unit have bikes and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Appropriate accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Almost all vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Are you or other members of the family visiting with a family pet? Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies differ. Examine your contract very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Its Time to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match renters with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Southport local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local agencies frequently have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation home has everything you need. If lacking, the home management company might know of similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest chance for a reduced rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Read through the Entire Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies vary for each property. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
After you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Remember that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To ensure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the property. We also recommend promptly calling the rental manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any critical repairs. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will be very helpful.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Be considerate of the local community. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure no damage occurred during your stay. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Most property management companies and rental home sites allow renters to give feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but sincere in regards to your experience. Top owners and managers will try hard to correct the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did they love their stay? If everything was wonderful, next year's trip planning will be simple. If the rental property was not quite right, and you will better know how to improve your search next time.
- The Breakers Arcade - 0.7 miles
- Drift - 0.7 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 1.0 miles
- Sugar Shack - 1.1 miles
- The View At Brick Landing Plantation - 1.5 miles
- Inlet View Bar & Grill - 3.3 miles
- Carolina School of Surf - 0.6 miles
- Museum of Coastal Carolina - 0.7 miles
- Ingram Planetarium - 0.7 miles
- Museum of Coastal Carlina - 0.7 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 0.7 miles
- Ocean Isle Fishing Center - 0.7 miles
- River Country Mini Golf - 0.8 miles
- Ocean Isle Beach Pier - 0.8 miles