- 7 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySpend a Wrightsville Beach holiday the way families did years ago, BUT, with all the modern amenities! Located on the fashionable southern tip of the island, this traditional, sea front 7 bedroom, 3 bath bungalow is ideal for sizable family gatherings. A Southern-style wraparound covered porch welcomes outdoor entertaining with appealing rockers and picnic area. Savor spectacular sea vistas while sunbathing on the upper outdoor space! Most ideal of all, the wide, white sandy beach is just steps away!
The main level has an eat-in kitchen, huge dining/living area that opens to the sea front porch, 1 bedroom, plus 1 bath. Upstairs includes a generous master bedroom, 2 guest bedrooms, and 1 bath. A separate entrance leads to the ground level with 1 bedroom/sitting area, 2 guest bedrooms (1 with window AC unit), and bath.
Come with your family and experience Wrightsville Beach the way it used to be!
Outside Shower. Off-street parking for 4 cars in designated areas only. Occupancy: 11. No Smoking. No Family Animals.
**Effective January 2, 2019 all holiday units of 5-21 nights in this unit will have linens and beds made upon arrival supplied by default. On 4 nights or less you will still have the option to rent linens or bring your own; linen orders and bed making services can be added to your reservation at price per the rental contract.**
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Southport area vacation discount guides which feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or by a relationship between the property manager and the local business itself. These guides provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Desire to steer clear of the crowds of people? The off-peak shoulder seasons can offer great rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some management companies offer discount rates to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve specific customers, whether it is downtown rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. You'll receive the most value from a rental that most closely suits your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Consider investing in trip insurance along with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a consequence of medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental property Information
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and wide range of short term rental homes available in the Southport area. With such a wide selection, clients are certain to come across a property that matches their wishes and price range.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Southport are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Property owners often select management companies to manage internet marketing, house cleaning services and routine maintenance.
Below are great tips and techniques to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the best rental:
Before you start to book "Rock your cares away from your classic oceanfront cottage", go through our short checklist of factors to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Southport vacation rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for family groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Select a Town and Date
Begin by figuring out which specific area of Southport you prefer to visit, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Beds?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Most rental properties are marketed with a cost range. Determine the rate for your preferred stay. It may be at the high end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to reserving a pricey vacation property. Typically, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and collecting each person's contribution.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your group interested in? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Will the unit need to be beach front, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are sheets included with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Commonly the older generation has trouble with staircases. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. Nearly all rental listings include a list of amenities.
Remember to include your furry family members. Even though quite a few rental homes permit household pets, rules and fees vary per rental. Be sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
Many websites exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Southport local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local agencies typically have an exclusive assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
When you have found your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is most effective during the off-season when many rentals sit empty.
Read the Total Contract
Read through the full contract and be certain you understand who is liable for:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular fee, vacationers have to pay local taxes when renting "Rock your cares away from your classic oceanfront cottage", along with any other additional fees that may be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Vacation rental management companies and property owners often offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
After you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Remember that most rental agreements require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any problems soon after you arrive. We also suggest immediately calling the rental home manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any critical fixes. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be valuable.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many complications.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Despite the fact that you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The property really should be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks full of dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be dealt with prior to leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Many rental home management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to give reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but honest with regards to your experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to rectify the problem.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a meeting with the people in your group. Does everyone want to return next year? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning will be relatively easy. Otherwise, you have gained valuable rental search experience to aid with the next search.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 4.9 miles
- The Post Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Oceanic - 0.4 miles
- East Oceanfront Dining - 1.2 miles
- South Beach Grill - 1.5 miles
- Tower 7 Baja Mexican Grill - 1.5 miles
- Cafe Del Mar - 1.5 miles
- Vitoâ€™s Pizzeria - 1.6 miles
- Wrightsville Beach Park - 1.8 miles
- Jungle Rapids Family Fun Park - 3.3 miles
- Crystal South Surf Camp - 0.2 miles
- South End Surf Shop - 0.4 miles
- Sean's Private Surf Instruction - 0.7 miles
- Blockade Runner Soundside Rentals - 1.2 miles
- Wrightsville Beach Scenic Tours - 1.2 miles
- Aussie Island Surf Shop - 1.5 miles