View this property at:
About this Property
Looking for an sea get-a-way to savor those colored beach sunrises and salty evening winds? "Utopia Palms" may be just the home away from home you are looking for! "Bliss Palms" managed by Dale and Salt Water Real Estate is a multi-level apartment with sea sights, sounds, and experiences for the whole family. Beach-combing is just a hop and skip away and sun-seeking is an Sea BREEZE from one of the homes multiple balconies. Sun, Surf, and "Palms" await you on your CB experience!
Pleasure Island has become a RAPIDLY increasing holiday destination for the entirety of the East coast and beyond for many reasons. Because we are in fact a true island, “overcrowding” isn’t in of itself a tremendous issue. Limited parking and available housing will always create a inviting “max capacity” that will always give a calming (and healthy) occupancy level and mood that, despite the “hordes”, will always leave substantial complimentary space for those looking for a bit more “distancing” and privacy. It’s also what is making the real unit market shoot through the roof! It’s an AMAZING place to visit, live, and never leave!
The suite lies directly in the middle of both Carolina and Kure Beaches and is a long walk or brief drive from downtown Carolina Beach and everything that is has to offer. In Carolina Beach you’ve got the boardwalk, eateries, and local stores of all kinds. If you like adventures, the marina is also there where you can take an offshore fishing trip, diving excursion, or event boat out for a sunset sail. Camping more your thing? Come with the 4X4 and drive (and camp) on the beach at Freeman Park, located on the North End of the island. You can also head down to Kure Beach and fish directly off their fishing pier compete with bait, tackles, and more! The Carolina Beach Lake is close by, hosting a weekly Farmer’s Market every Saturday, FIREWORKS every Thursday, and outdoor summer movies on Sunday’s (on a huge inflatable screen in the middle of the lake!). We welcome you to sit back, relax and appreciate yourselves because that's exactly what the beach is for! * (due to Covid, please be prepared for periodic deviations from our usually scheduled events).
The entry to this 3 bedroom, 3 bath suite opens up into a generous, freshly furbished family room combined with an open dining area and entirely supplied kitchen (stove+oven, refrigerator). The kitchen is outfitted will all of the basic preparing and dining silverware one can expect (plates, bowls, cups, silverware, etc.). In addition, there is a microwave, toaster, coffer maker and blender ready to help make yourself at home (and on Vacay!). Courtesy organic soap, shampoo, and lotion are left in the bathroom of each suite as well as a starter roll of TP, a garbage bag, dish soap, a broom, and sponge in each kitchen.
Two bedrooms supplied with ONE FULL bed and TWO TWIN + TWIN bunk beds round out the main floor landscape. Up a flight of steps sit the master bedroom complete with KING bed, on-suite full bath, and private balcony with a PEEK of sea vistas.
Most bedroom beds (including bunk beds) consist of either a new encased 8” memory foam/cooling gel composition bed or comfort inner spring bed because we want all of our visitors to be appealing when it comes time to recharge. Remember, linens are NOT supplied in order to keep our prices low. You can bring them from home with you, buy them (Wal-Mart in Wilmington), or rent them (Low Tide Linens & Units). If renting, please let Low Tide know you are a guest of SWRE as they will give you with an additional 10% discount!
There are multiple Roku Intelligent WIFI TV's (with approx. 25 channels through the Charter Spectrum cable application) along with a WIFI computer connection for when it's time to sit back and savor some movies or shows after a long day at the beach! Come with a Fire Stick, Apple TV, Laptop w/ HDMI cable or other such casting device if looking to ensure all of the tech comforts from home are available during your stay!
We equip each suite with its own books, games, and misc. accessories to help cover the basis for our visitors to enjoy themselves in rain or shine. Sometimes however, these items are removed from the suite and not replaced and we do not realize it (tsk tsk!). If you notice something we’ve bragged about missing please let us know!
The SUITE: Guests have full access to their own private SUITE (never shared) along with a respective outdoor space, patio, or balcony.
PARKING: Each guest will have access to (3) THREE assigned carport parking spaces. Parking elsewhere on premises or along the street can result in a tow. Any additional community parking spaces would have availability on a first come fist serve basis. We do not recommend any lot or proprietor in particular.
Feel complimentary to reach out for any specific needs or clarifiers!
The suite itself is 4 brief blocks from the nearest beach access. The unit is a brief drive from down town Carolina Beach with its stores, activities and dining and is equidistant to the smaller, but just as glamourous down town Kure Beach. There are fireworks during the summer every Thursday nighttime, Movies at the lake each Sunday nighttime, and local fairs around the lake each Saturday morning (refer to carolinabeach.org for additional info!). Carolina Beach is a mix of friendly locals, snowbirds, and visitors all looking to hideaway the inland and enjoy the sand, surf, and vibe. We really have an gorgeous community!
Carolina Beach and the surrounding neighborhood offers an array of sights and activities to enjoy while here. Some of these examples are (but not limited to) a subtle beach hike through Carolina Beach State Park, Finishing on the Kure Beach Pier, Kayaking to one of the many islands surrounding the Intracoastal Waterway, watching canons blast during a historical reenactment at the Fort Fisher State Historic Site, or petting some Sting Rays at the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher. This doesn’t even include the aweing scenery of Airlie Gardens, and our very own battleship (USS NC) in Wilmington! Perhaps more appealing and less “experience” is your speed. Our own local Brewery (Good Hops) along with a round of Frisbee golf may be a great time.
And between the beach and Down Town Wilmington, boy do we have FOOD, Festivals, and good times!
There isn’t anywhere or anything on our Island that isn’t accessible with foot power. Downtown Carolina Beach has a number of vendors (such as Pleasure Island Units @ 2 N Lake Park Blvd Carolina Beach NC 28428 (golf carts) and Tony Silvagni’s Surf School @ 107 Charlotte ave Carolina Beach NC 28428 (bicycles, paddleboards, surfboards, kayaks) for rent as an alternative to walking or driving. Taxi’s (local golf cart taxi’s) and Uber’s are also generally available for an assist when needed as well throughout the island! You can catch a Ferry to Southport in Kure Beach @ 2422 Fort Fisher Blvd S Kure Beach which leads to another ferry to Bald Head Island where NO CARS are allowed at all!
After all, you won’t catch many locals going OTB! (Over The Bridge). Everything you need is right here!
Other details to note;
•Salt Water Real Estate has partnered with the absolute most great vendors our Island has to offer to help ensure visitors can spend more time savoring themselves and less time researching! Our partners include the Tony Silvagni Surf School for professional surf lessons, bicycle, umbrella, and chair units, Salty Dog Yoga, Squared Away Cleaning and Maintenance, TNL Kleans, and Low Tide Linen Units who provides all visitors of SWRE an added 10% off. Our partners support visitors of Salt Water Real Estate with the highest caliber of local services for extremely competitive and oft discounted pricing. They all contribute to the “Salt Water” experience and we <3 them for it!
•ALL suites are non-smoking (including vaping) and a heavy cleaning/repair charge can result if not adhered to. This includes porches, decks, balconies, and walkways. Please smoke well away from any SWRE unit unless willing to risk the potential loss of deposit or more.
•Linens (sheets, towels, pillowcases, etc.) are NOT part of the suite rental. Pillows and basic comforters ARE supplied. Please refer to the linens chart supplied in the renting site description section for a unit’s bed sizes and plan in advance accordingly. We partner with “Low Tide Linens & Units” for any visitors looking to rent a linen package as opposed to bringing or buying your own. Although any hyper link will be blocked by this site, a simple web search can yield their contact information. They will deliver directly into the suite in advance of your stay! Mention that you are staying with SALT WATER REAL ESTATE and receive an additional 10% off of any rentable items!
• SWRE contractual peaceful hours begin at 9:00pm EST. Town ordinance may accept more latitude with regards to noise (11:00pm) but our expectations are to help ensure all visitors, locals, and neighbors alike have an fun experience.
•NO BBQing on ANY decks or porches. This is a massive fire hazard and is fineable by the town (as is removing batteries from any smoke or co2 alarms). We work extremely hard to keep all of our visitors safe, and sometimes that takes teamwork!
•Please always consider TRAVEL INSURANCE from your respective renting site or vendor to help protect your costs in case of inclement weather or last-min. travel complications (court, illness, etc.). These items are NOT returnable scenarios unless the unit itself is compromised. If that does happen, we will do our absolute most superb to find you alternative housing.
•Carolina Beach Town Hall supplies where available, beach wheelchairs that can traverse the sand without charge. Please reach out to the Recreation Center for additional information.
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most established tourism bureaus will offer you guide books with special packages for accommodations, dining and activities. These guides may provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to change your trip week? Shoulder seasons feature outstanding offers.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or repeat travelers to the same property. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific groups of travellers. Event homes are great for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to nightlife. You will definitely get the most value from a home which most thoroughly suits your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their clients the option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to learn the number of rentals are offered in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an suitable retreat to accommodate their Southport group, from tranquil condominiums to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rentals in Southport are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by rental owners mainly because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
Where to find and reserve the best rental property:
Before you start to book ""Paradise Palms" palm trees and balconies!", go through our short checklist of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Southport vacation homes start booking early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental..
Select your Area and Travel Week
Start by choosing which specific area of Southport you'd like to browse, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for the group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Check to make sure ""Paradise Palms" palm trees and balconies!" satisfies your price range *during your desired dates*. If many groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure everyone understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is your group interested in? Do you only want a property with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Are bedsheets offered with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Optimal access could make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, include that into your search. The majority of rental home postings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other members of the party travelling with a pet? Dog guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. You'll want to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Southport local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Besides offering exclusive rental properties, local agencies offer fantastic service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. Your best potential for a lower rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read the Total Agreement
Read the full contract and be certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Rental home management companies and property owners typically offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers comfort should disaster strike.
Book your Rental Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any problems immediately after you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your findings. This will protect against disagreements during check out.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Frequently, adjacent residences are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a little. Despite the fact that you're paying a housekeeping fee, The rental home really needs to be in good condition. Sinks brimming with dishes, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be taken care of prior to leaving.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many property management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something was unacceptable and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Does everyone want to return next year? If everything was amazing, next year's vacation planning will be relatively easy. If the rental property was not ideal, and you will better know how to refine your search for the next time.