View this property at:
About this Property
EXCEPTIONAL HOME, WALK TO EAST BEACH, MIKE'S BITES, SHOAL'S CLUB, THE COMMON AND EAST BEACH EVERY BEDROOM HAS IT'S OWN BATHROOM & OUTDOOR SPACE
Where the road ends your Bald Head Island holiday experience begins. Arrive by ferry, navigate the Island by one of our THREE GOLF CARTS, on foot or by bicycle. Unwind, slow down…. You’re on “turtle time.”
Bald Head Island, one location with numerous possibilities. We encourage you to; discover the 14 miles of pristine beaches, hike the maritime forest, kayak the creeks and marshes, soak up the sun, start a new family tradition, couples hideaway or celebrate a milestone. It’s all about the magic and the memories. Feel the pretty Island, sun, sea and wildlife. Indulge in the infinite water activities; stand up paddle boarding, boating, fishing, swimming, surfing, beach-combing, kayaking, wind surfing and sailing. Find an countless agenda of activities designed to entertain, educate and pamper or just reconnect, relax and replenish. Nurture your mind with programs offered at the Conservancy, climb “Old Baldy,” a 200-year-old lighthouse, visit the Smith Island Museum and historic sites. Indulge your senses of experience and most importantly treat yourself to an memorable holiday!
Welcome to Bald Head Island! Welcome to, “A Shore Thing”, a bliss holiday home bespoke designed to feel like your own. Completed on May 21, 2014 to host your family for an unforgettable holiday!
Retire to a appealing king or queen size bed with silken linen for a restful nights sleep!
“A Shore Thing” agreeably sleeps 18 visitors, three master bedrooms with king beds, queen bedroom, bunk room with two full and two upper twin beds and a private crofter with two queen beds, tiled full bathroom and kitchenette. Each of the six bedrooms have an adjoining private tiled bathroom with granite counter tops. Two master bathrooms have Jacuzzi tubs, counter height double sinks with vanities, walk in showers with body jets, hand spray and rain shower head. The third master bedroom bathroom has a double vessel sink, jetted tub/shower combination. Unwind in the evening with a Jacuzzi tub or body spray shower with ambrosial bath niceties. All bedrooms have flat screen LED TVs and access to outdoor space; porch, outdoor space or screen porch.
There’s a plethora of outdoor space choices with inviting outdoor furnishings; covered front porch with ceiling fans, second floor outdoor space, third floor observation outdoor space, screened porches and a outdoor space between the home and the crofter. The reverse floor plan maximizes sea vistas. The third floor observation outdoor space includes handsome sea vistas by day, sunsets and star gazing at nighttime! Sip wine as you watch the sun set over the glistening water from the third floor observation outdoor space. On Bald Head Island the sun both rises and sets over water. You can hear the sea from the home!
Grab one of our fluffy beach towels supplied for each member of your family and in less than a min. walk along the boardwalk, your toes are in the sand on East Beach! Or take one of the three golf carts and drive around the block to East Beach. We’re less than two mins. from the Shoal’s Club, BHI Conservancy and South Beach. It’s a brief agreeable ride to the Maritime Market and Marina, choose between a shaded and protected route through the maritime forest along Federal Road or take the more breathtaking route along South Bald Head Wynd.
Dining out at one of the eateries/clubs? Eating in, plenty of room for the whole family to gather around the table. The open floor plan accommodates multiple families. Prepare your meals in a well-supplied chef’s kitchen; Thermador Pro appliances, 48 inch refrigerator, 48 inch six burner gas range top with griddle, double convection ovens, draw microwave, ice maker, libation center, island with raised teak breakfast bar, granite counter tops, farmers sink, pot filler, bridge faucet and dishwasher.
BHI Club and Shoal's Clubs Optional.
Play, discover and discover all day! Spoil yourself you deserve it! Now start packing. Our welcome mat is out and we strive for legendary hospitality at “A Shore Thing”!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guides with special offers for accommodations, restaurants and tours. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are your travel dates flexible? Shoulder seasons special offer fantastic promotions.
- Are you a military veteran? Some property management companies offer discounted rates to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling group qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some rental properties are practically designed to serve specific travelers, whether it's oceanside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a particular Southport atteaction that you just love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
You might be shocked to learn how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to locate a rental which matches their desires and budget.
Virtually all rental homes in Southport are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and practical experience to provide effortless operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Southport vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however many novices will be happy to know that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
Where to find and reserve the best vacation home:
Do you believe " EXCEPTIONAL HOME WALK TO E BEACH, EA BR Own BATH & OUTDOOR SPACE " is the perfect rental for your next visit? Read through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Southport rental properties start booking early. To get the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months before a trip. Many visitors prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Decide Dates
Start by determining which particular area of Southport you'd like to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
Choosing an Properly-Sized Rental home
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you'll need. Be aware that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. If not, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Will the preferred rental home suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure each group understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is the family looking for? Do you only want a vacation rental with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Does the home have bikes and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Special Issues to consider
Frequently the elder generation has trouble with stairs. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Dog Needs a Holiday, Too
Make sure to include your pets. Dog policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be controlled. You'll want to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Its Time to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Southport local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the rental home has everything required. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is more effective during the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Read The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Vacation rental management companies and property owners commonly offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal hospital emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. If you find damages, or if fixes are required get in touch with the home manager straight away. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts could be helpful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call eliminates many problems.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each room of the vacation property to ensure you've gathered all belongings.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Many rental management companies and rental home sites permit customers to offer comments. If the rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but genuine regarding your experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to correct the problem.
Learn and Improve
Did they love their vacation? Maybe everything turned out to be exceptional and you're ready to re-book the rental for next year. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with your next search.