View this property at:
About this Property
EXCEPTIONAL HOME, WALK TO EAST BEACH, MIKE'S BITES, SHOAL'S CLUB, THE COMMON AND EAST BEACH EVERY BEDROOM HAS IT'S OWN BATHROOM & OUTDOOR SPACE
Where the road ends your Bald Head Island holiday experience begins. Arrive by ferry, navigate the Island by one of our THREE GOLF CARTS, on foot or by bicycle. Unwind, slow down…. You’re on “turtle time.”
Bald Head Island, one location with multiple possibilities. We encourage you to; discover the 14 miles of pristine beaches, hike the maritime forest, kayak the creeks and marshes, soak up the sun, start a new family tradition, couples hideaway or celebrate a milestone. It’s all about the magic and the memories. Feel the handsome Island, sun, sea and wildlife. Indulge in the infinite water activities; stand up paddle boarding, boating, fishing, swimming, surfing, beach-combing, kayaking, wind surfing and sailing. Find an countless agenda of activities designed to entertain, educate and pamper or just reconnect, relax and replenish. Nurture your mind with programs offered at the Conservancy, climb “Old Baldy,” a 200-year-old lighthouse, visit the Smith Island Museum and historic sites. Indulge your senses of experience and most importantly treat yourself to an memorable holiday!
Welcome to Bald Head Island! Welcome to, “A Shore Thing”, a opulence holiday home bespoke designed to feel like your own. Completed on May 21, 2014 to host your family for an unforgettable holiday!
Retire to a inviting king or queen size bed with silken linen for a restful nights sleep!
“A Shore Thing” pleasantly sleeps 18 visitors, three master bedrooms with king beds, queen bedroom, bunk room with two full and two upper twin beds and a private crofter with two queen beds, tiled full bathroom and kitchenette. Each of the six bedrooms have an adjoining private tiled bathroom with granite counter tops. Two master bathrooms have Jacuzzi tubs, counter height double sinks with vanities, walk in showers with body jets, hand spray and rain shower head. The third master bedroom bathroom has a double vessel sink, jetted tub/shower combination. Unwind in the evening with a Jacuzzi tub or body spray shower with ambrosial bath luxuries. All bedrooms have flat screen LED TVs and access to outdoor space; porch, outdoor space or screen porch.
There’s a plethora of outdoor space choices with peaceful outdoor furnishings; covered front porch with ceiling fans, second floor outdoor space, third floor observation outdoor space, screened porches and a outdoor space between the home and the crofter. The reverse floor plan maximizes sea vistas. The third floor observation outdoor space includes pretty sea vistas by day, sunsets and star gazing at nighttime! Sip wine as you watch the sun set over the glistening water from the third floor observation outdoor space. On Bald Head Island the sun both rises and sets over water. You can hear the sea from the home!
Grab one of our fluffy beach towels included for each member of your family and in less than a min. walk along the boardwalk, your toes are in the sand on East Beach! Or take one of the three golf carts and drive around the block to East Beach. We’re less than two mins. from the Shoal’s Club, BHI Conservancy and South Beach. It’s a brief agreeable ride to the Maritime Market and Marina, choose between a shaded and protected route through the maritime forest along Federal Road or take the more dramatic route along South Bald Head Wynd.
Dining out at one of the eateries/clubs? Eating in, plenty of room for the whole family to gather around the table. The open floor plan accommodates multiple families. Prepare your meals in a well-supplied chef’s kitchen; Thermador Pro appliances, 48 inch refrigerator, 48 inch six burner gas range top with griddle, double convection ovens, draw microwave, ice maker, drink center, island with raised teak breakfast bar, granite counter tops, farmers sink, pot filler, bridge faucet and dishwasher.
BHI Club and Shoal's Clubs Optional.
Play, discover and discover all day! Spoil yourself you deserve it! Now start packing. Our welcome mat is out and we strive for legendary hospitality at “A Shore Thing”!
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses provide Southport area promotional catalogs which feature promotions, either offered individually by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the merchant itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Want to avoid the crowds of people and save cash? The off-peak seasons will offer fantastic rates on rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for discounted rates. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Is there a particular experience that you are most getting excited about ? If there's a certain Southport atteaction that you love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual home owners typically offer clients an opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed as a consequence of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional fuel.
General Rental property Tips & Tricks
You might be shocked to uncover just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners because they coordinate the promotion and operations..
We've assembled a short guide to help you get the most out of your rental property experience.
Finding and reserving the best rental property:
Before you decide to book " EXCEPTIONAL HOME WALK TO E BEACH, EA BR Own BATH & OUTDOOR SPACE ", read through our brief collection of factors to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Southport vacation rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the most desirable choice of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Southport vacation home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Begin by picking which specific area of Southport you want to explore, and the approximate trip dates.
Select a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Consider that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
What Are You Willing to Spend?
Does your preferred rental fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If many groups or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure that each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Generally speaking, just one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is the group searching for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Will the property need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to shopping? Does the unit have bikes and body boards for use during your stay? Make a list of priority amenities to help filter your search.
Do a few members of your crew have specific needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Nearly all property postings will include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure to include your furry family members. Even though quite a few rental homes permit cats and dogs, rules and charges vary per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be restricted. Be sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
The best places to Search
As soon as the location, time and people are decided, search multiple sources for the best vacation rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Southport local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation home management companies pride themselves on a first-class rental experience.
When you've found your dream rental, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Your greatest prospects for a lower rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read Through The Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
When you believe you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also advise immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any fixes. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Residents probably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Many rental sites seek comments after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive critiques. If anything went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but honest in regards to your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to solve the situation.
Did everyone have a good time? If everything was wonderful, next year's family vacation planning will be simple and easy. Maybe the rental property wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next time.