View this property at:
About this Property
SPACIOUS UPSCALE 3 BEDROOM/3 BATH CONDO IN GATED COMMUNITY MINUTES FROM SOUTHPORT AND OAK ISLAND
SOUTHPORT VOTED "HAPPIEST SEASIDE TOWN IN AMERICA" BY "COASTAL LIVING" MAGAZINE IN 2015!
Come appreciate our professionally adorned, immaculate three bedrooms, three full bath condo. Located on the second floor, this condo includes over 2000 sq ft of living space, 2 private porches (one screened, one open-air) steps away from the marina, dining, shopping, and entertainment.
Note: Industry-leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to tidy our condo, with particular attention paid to high-touch items. All bed linen and laundry will be washed at a high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines and product line specifications.
On the main floor, you will find the enormous master bedroom with a king-size bed, flat-screen tv, and master bath including a double sink, a generous soaking tub in addition to a glass walk-in shower. Also on the main floor, is the second bedroom which has a queen bed, a full bath, dresser, and a closet, On the second floor, you will find the very private third bedroom which has a queen bed, full bath, closet, and open-air outdoor space.
Totally supplied kitchen with granite counters, top of the line stainless steel appliances, toaster, microwave, and coffee maker. The condo is supplied with Free WiFi (high-speed wireless internet (200 Mbps) and cable TV. Rental of the condo includes the use of beach chairs, beach towels, umbrellas, and cooler.
Six people can be pleasantly accommodated for sleeping and dining. Screened in porch is gorgeously furbished and a great place to savor morning coffee or afternoon libations.
The swimming pool is steps away and includes poolside furnishings, a restroom, showers, and an outdoor kitchen complete with a grille, sink, and ice maker.
The condo is located steps away from the marina on the intercoastal waterway with dockside dining, tiki bar, deli, and a coffee shop/grocery (This facility is currently closed due to fire). The marina also includes boat launching and daily and overnight docking, as well as a local Artisan present shop.
In a brief 10 min. drive from the main entrance of the plantation, you will be dipping your toes in the Atlantic Sea at St. James by the Sea, the exclusive private beach club and oceanside getaway. The beach club includes:
A Private Pool
St. James Plantation has been voted Top 50 "Master Planned Communities" - Come see why! It is not only handsome but a great place to relax! This condo has a peaceful, central location within the gated plantation.
Southport is just mins. away and was newly voted THE NUMBER ONE "HAPPIEST SEASIDE TOWN IN AMERICA" by COASTAL LIVING MAGAZINE! Southport is a whimsical, friendly, historic fishing village known for its annual Independence Day festival, which includes events for all ages including an pretty parade and unbelievable fireworks! Southport also hosts the King Mackerel fishing tournament, antique and boutique stores, great seafood and glamourous sunsets. Charter fishing trips and sailing are available in Southport. Rent a kayak for a day and discover the close by marsh channels. Visit the historic Bald Head Island lighthouse while touring this cozy, cloistered island by golf cart or bicycle - a great day trip. Visit the Fort Fisher Aquarium by Ferry - a fun place for children and adults! Southport offers great dining and shopping!
Wilmington (30 mins.) and Myrtle Beach (one hour) are conveniently reached by car.
Air Conditioning/, Heating, All Linens, Dishwasher, Fridge/Freezer/Ice Maker, Stove, Oven, Microwave, Washing Machine and Dryer, Televisions, Cable and WiFi, Free Parking, Dining Area, Wheelchair Inaccessible (no elevator), Towels Supplied, Non-Smoking, Coffee Maker, Toaster, Iron & Board, Hair Dryer, All Dishes & Utensils. Minimum Age Limit For Renters. No Family Animals, please. Long-Term Renters & Childrens Welcome!
- Many property owners and rental properties provide Southport area vacation discount books which include money-saving promotions, either offered individually by vendors, or via a relationship between the property management company and the vendor itself. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and promotional books, as this allows vacationers to enjoy the very same wonderful activities with a sometimes considerable discounted.
- Willing to switch your dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top fees.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of rental companies offer unique discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular groups of vacationers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to music venues. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance along with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to learn the number of rentals are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an optimum retreat to suit their Southport family, from peaceful condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are instrumental in helping families with booking, checking-in, house cleaning, and any maintenance problems that may arise.
Below are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the vacation rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and booking the right rental property:
Before you start to book "Spacious Upscale Condo, Monthly Rates Available October- April, Call Owner", go through our brief list of issues to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Southport rental homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the greatest selection of vacation homes, we suggest searching and booking your Southport rental 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental home..
Decide on a Village and Time
Start by choosing which particular area of Southport you'd like to explore, and the choose trip dates.
Pick a Size
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what particular bedroom setup you should have. Be aware that many rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. If not, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Spend?
Will your chosen vacation property suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If multiple individuals or family members are sharing the cost, be certain that each group understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Normally, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Make a List of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What amenities is your family searching for? Do you just want a property with a swimming pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Would you like to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are bedsheets included with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wants" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Sometimes the elder generation has trouble with stairs. Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Remember to include your best friend! Although many vacation homes allow cats and dogs, guidelines and charges vary per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be limited. Read your contract very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Southport local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer an exceptional vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your best chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Total Contract
Read the entire contract and make certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard price, travelers will need to pay state taxes when booking "Spacious Upscale Condo, Monthly Rates Available October- April, Call Owner", along with various other additional fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Rental home management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should disaster strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations on booking your vacation rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure no damages are attributed to your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the property. If you discover damages, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the rental manager right away. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Locals will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Most rental home websites request comments after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but straightforward with regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will try hard to solve the problem.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your family. Does everyone want to return next year? Maybe everything ended up being exceptional and you are ready to re-book the property for next year. If not, you have gained useful experience that will help with your next search.