View this property at:
About this Property
A Place “4 All Seasons”
Get away from it all at this appealing one level home. Located on Oak Island Drive, located in the trees on a corner lot, '4 All Seasons' is centrally located yet tucked away from the hustle and bustle. In just six to eight blocks, you'll be at a polished stretch of sandy beach. Not rather in sight of the sea, yet conveniently within earshot, you'll want to sit back, relax and take it straighforward in the rockers on either the covered front porch or the screened in back porch.
Constructed in 2003, this inviting home includes like new furnishings and decor. Centrally heated and cooled, you will savor the openness and natural light in the living and dining room with the double windows and bay window. Just turn on the ceiling fan and relax in front of the color cable T.V. (with DVD/VHS), read a good rent while resting in the recliner or play a board game supplied.
Keep in touch with family and friends on the wireless high speed internet. Or, if you must, take care of a little work. Just remember, the reason you are here is to relax, relax, relax!
The kitchen is well supplied and readily laid out for ease of preparation. It includes ceramic tile floors and all the necessary appliances to create an memorable family meal. Take time to appreciate some morning Joe with our 10 cup, 4 cup or Keurig coffee maker. The dining room, furbished with a shell theme, includes a rattan glass top table with seating for six.
The home includes three peaceful bedrooms and two bathrooms. The master bedroom has light wood furnishings and includes a triple dresser and queen bed with plush beds and additional feather pillows. It is finished in a rock garden
theme and has a walk-in closet. Unwind or take a nap under the ceiling fan. Wake up to the sounds of your favorite CD on the CD/radio alarm clock or turn the TV on to your favorite station. The master bath includes a garden tub and window to let in the morning sun.
The second bedroom includes a white bead-board bed with a matching chest-of-drawers. It is furbished with nautical theme complete with a surfboard floor lamp and ceiling fan. A ideal getaway for children, this room has a trundle bed and cable TV with DVD/VHS. Multiple games and books therein for their appreciation.
The third bedroom is furbished with a sea life theme. The off-white wicker furnishings includes a queen bed and a matching chest-of-drawers. Unwind as the ceiling fan cools you down.
The second bath is brightly adorned in a beach motif and includes a long window over the shower to bring in the natural light.
Once the day is done, wash the sand from your clothes in the washer and dryer located in the laundry room where you will also find in the cabinets many DVD’s, VHS, books, magazines and puzzles.
By the way, don't miss out on eating out on the outdoor space complete with a seven-piece dining set. Savor a home cooked meal with barbecuing on the gas grille supplied.
While located on the main road, the double paved drive is effortlessly located on the side of the home for ease of entry and exit.
Just mins. away you will find convenient complimentary public parking at multiple beach access areas. The family friendly beach has no high rises, few condos and limited commercial areas. Appreciate a appealing walk, jog, bicycle ride, miniature golf, boating, fishing from one of the two piers, experience skydiving at the local airport, or easily catch up on your reading or work on your tan.
Since Oak Island is a south facing beach, you can savor both the sunrise and the sunset over the sea. A favorite place to enjoy either is from one of the piers sitting appealing on a bench.
Close by eateries abound, but for those desiring to have a home cooked meal you will find most everything you will need at Food Lion and Publix (opened 6-2020) on the island or Lowe’s Food or Wal-Mart on the mainland. Getting that special ice cream at the Dairy Queen will be a great treat!
Other things that may interest you on the island are many churches, parks (the Veteran's Park is a must visit), and recreation center. You will also find a lighthouse, Coast Guard Station, public golf course, tennis courts and a variety of interesting stores. There are a lot of beach rental places for a wide variety of excursions. You can also rent a deep sea fishing trip.
Just 7 miles away is the whimsical town of Southport where movies are made and ghost walks are impressive. Known for their many antique stores and rich history exploring the city is packed with fun and experience. A movie theater is located between Oak Island and Southport.
For those of you loving a good yard sale, much comfort awaits you! You don’t even have to get a newspaper, since only one main road serves the main island and one the sea front, just look for the many signs. You’ll also find treasures at the many thrift stores in the area.
Enjoy a great day trip to Bald Head Island, the Wilmington, Carolina, Kure beaches or Fort Fisher by ferry. The ferry trip alone is a great experience, especially for children, as they feed the seagulls and feel the wind in their face. While at Fort Fisher you can discover the museum and battlefield and make memories having a picnic lunch under the Yaupon trees overlooking the beach. Many enjoy the education opportunity at the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher.
So pack your bags and leave your worries behind to enjoy the amenities of home at this gorgeous home '4 All Seasons'. Just like the name indicates, this home is ideal for any time of the year or any season of the year.
Keywords: This calming, tidy, attractively finished home is a great little get-away for a week or a few days at any time of the year. Thus the name 4 All Seasons. Convenient to the beach, eateries, fishing piers, a light home and much more. A place for rest and enjoyment with many opportunities for activities and day trips. Kick off your shoes and make yourself at home without breaking the bank. Rockers await you on the front porch and screened in back porch. Non-smokers, minimum 25 years of age to rent, No Family Animals, departure cleaning service optional. No linens included.
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send you promotional guide books with special deals for rental homes, restaurants and activities. Keep an eye out for these books and coupon books, because this allows visitors to experience the very same fantastic attractions at a typically considerable discounted.
- Wish to avoid the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top pricing.
- Many management companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or returning individuals of the same rental home. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some rentals are essentially designed to serve particular customers, whether it is beachfront units with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. You'll get the most value from a home that most thoroughly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a result of health emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra fuel.
General Vacation Rental Advice
Some people are shocked to learn just how many properties are located in Southport. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Southport are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Owners often choose management companies to manage online marketing, house cleaning services and repairs and maintenance.
Below are great tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
How to find and book the best rental home:
Before you start to book "Make GREAT Memories at this Cozy Getaway!", examine our brief collection of considerations.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Southport vacation homes start booking early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental home..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Sometimes, the most challenging part of organizing your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes simplier and easier.
How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
Establish who is going, and how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you will need. Remember that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the company. Generally vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
Most rental properties are presented with a cost range. Confirm the price for your desired stay. It could be at the top end of the range. If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental documents call for a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
What home features is your family interested in? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Create a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Do a few members of your party have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, factor that into your search. Almost all rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure to include your pets. While a number of vacation rentals permit canine companions, rules and fees vary per property. Read your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
As soon as the location, time and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the very best vacation home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Southport local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a top-quality vacation experience.
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Go Through The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
Once you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Get Contact Details
Don't forget to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. If you discover damage, or if repairs are needed call the rental manager without delay. This may protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Often, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip much more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the house for left-behind items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to verify no damage occurred during your remain. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Most rental management company web sites request reviews after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but genuine about your stay. Top owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the problem.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the people in your group. Does everybody want to go back? If everything was perfect, next year's trip planning is going to be simple and easy. If not, you have gained invaluable experience to help with the next search.