View this property at:
About this Property
Looking for a condo get-a-way that can fit your entire family so you can ALL appreciate our colored beach sunrises and salty evening winds? "Utopia Found" may be just the home away from home you are looking for! "Heaven Found" consists of a 2700 sq. ft triplex (onsite elevator) with partial sea sights, sounds, and experiences of both our Intracoastal AND Atlantic sea. The home's location, vistas, and beach proximity will make spending your time beach-combing and sun-seeking an Sea BREEZE!
"Utopia Found" beach condo suite 101 is a four level 2700 sq ft condo that has something for everybody! The ground floor greets you with parking for 3, a private shower room that's ideal for rinsing off the sand you've picked up from the beach, and a storage area with a few beach supplies the owner has left to add to their visitors experience! Ample space for a golf cart exists, as does a modest yard in the rear if looking for some grass to go along with all of that sand!
Take the staircase or elevator to first floor which includes a children room with two Twin over Twin bunk beds, a 2nd bedroom with a Queen bed, bathroom #1, a laundry room complete with a central vac unit, and a game room complete with a seating area and TV, game table, and the first of MANY outdoor balconies. Every level has one or MULTIPLE enormous outdoor balconies, decks, and sitting areas with exceptional intracoastal or Atlantic sea vistas. Some levels have vantages of BOTH!
Take the elevator up to the next level where a sizable entirely outfitted open kitchen and living room await. Another bedroom ( bedroom #3 with a Full bed) with a study space and library resides, bathroom #2, and as aforementioned, another expanse of outdoor decks and oceanside winds await. Courtesy organic soap and shampoo are left in the bathroom of each suite as well as a (1) starter roll of TP, a (1) garbage bag, dish soap, and a sponge in each kitchen. *It is important to note that it is NOT an owner’s job to give personal family items for visitors. From toiletries and linens, to community food stuffs and condiments, It is ESPECIALLY important during this current climate for any used items of another to be discarded before our new visitors arrive to ensure an optimally hygienic space
Up to the final floor where the master bedroom (bedroom #4) with a King bed and full bath (bathroom #3) with a huge bathtub and standup shower await. A pair of additional bedrooms with Queen beds (#'s 5 and 6) sit on this "penthouse level" along with an additional 4th bath. The vistas peak for ALL as each bedroom has access to the upper outdoor space with expanse vistas of BOTH the Atlantic sea and intracoastal waterways. It's VERY uncommon to have such a vantage point from a condo on our island!
The SUITE: Guests have full access to their own private SUITE (never shared). The private drive, shower, and yard are also made available solely for our visitors experience.
PARKING: Each guest will have access to (3) THREE un-assigned off street parking spaces. Any additional community parking spaces would have availability on a first come fist serve basis. We do not recommend any lot or proprietor in particular.
Feel complimentary to reach out for any specific needs or clarifiers!
Pleasure Island is a coastal barrier island in Southeastern North Carolina, USA just south of the City of Wilmington. Pleasure Island is located within Federal Point Township, in New Hanover County. The coastal resort towns of Carolina Beach and Kure Beach, as well as the annexed communities of Wilmington Beach and Hanby Beach are located on the island.
The home itself is brief ride or long walk from Downtown Carolina Beach with its stores, activities and dining. There are fireworks during the summer every Thursday nighttime, Movies at the lake each Sunday nighttime, and local fairs around the lake each Saturday morning (refer to carolinabeach.org for additional info!). Carolina Beach is a mix of friendly locals, snowbirds, and visitors all looking to hideaway the inland and savor the sand, surf, and sun. We really have an striking community!
Carolina Beach and the surrounding neighborhoods offer an array of sights and activities to enjoy while here. Some of these examples are (but not limited to) a subtle beach hike through Carolina Beach State Park, Fishing on the Kure Beach Pier, kayaking to one of the many islands surrounding the Intracoastal Waterway, watching canons blast during a historical reenactment at the Fort Fisher State Historic Site, or petting some Sting Rays at the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher. This doesn’t even include the aweing scenery of Airlie Gardens, and our very own battleship (USS NC) in Wilmington! Perhaps more calming and less “experience” is your speed? Our own local Brewery (Good Hops) along with a round of Frisbee golf may be what the doctor ordered!
There isn’t anywhere or anything on our Island that isn’t accessible with foot power. Downtown Carolina Beach has a number of vendors (such as Pleasure Island Units @ 2 N Lake Park Blvd Carolina Beach NC 28428 (golf carts) and Tony Silvagni’s Surf School @ 107 Charlotte ave Carolina Beach NC 28428 (bicycles, paddleboards, surfboards, kayaks) for rent as an alternative to walking or driving. Taxi’s (local golf cart taxi’s) and Uber’s are also generally available for an assist when needed as well throughout the island! You can catch a Ferry to Southport in Kure Beach @ 2422 Fort Fisher Blvd S Kure Beach which leads to another ferry to Bald Head Island where NO CARS are allowed at all!
After all, you won’t catch many locals going OTB! (Over The Bridge). Everything you need is right here!
Other things to note
•Salt Water Real Estate has partnered with the absolute most superb vendors our Island has to offer to help ensure visitors can spend more time appreciating themselves and less time researching! Our partners include the Tony Silvagni Surf School for professional surf lessons, bicycle, umbrella, and chair units, Salty Dog Yoga, Squared Away Cleaning and Maintenance, TNL Kleans, and Oceanside Linens. Our partners support visitors of Salt Water Real Estate with the highest caliber of local services for extremely competitive and oft discounted pricing. They all contribute to the “Salt Water” experience and we <3 them for it!
•ALL suites are non-smoking (including vaping) and a heavy cleaning/repair charge can result if not adhered to. This includes porches, decks, balconies, and walkways. Please smoke well away from any SWRE unit unless willing to risk the potential loss of deposit or more.
•Linens (sheets, towels, pillowcases, etc.) are ONLY part of the suite rental here for units of ***5+ nights***. Pillows and basic comforters are ALWAYS included. Please refer to the linens chart supplied in the renting site description section for a unit’s bed sizes. Please reach out to Oceanside Linens (910.793.4208) for any requests beyond "standard" linen packages. We partner with “Oceanside Linens” for any visitors looking to rent a linen package as opposed to bringing or buying your own. They will deliver directly into the suite in advance of your stay!
• SWRE contractual peaceful hours begin at 9:00pm EST. Town ordinance may accept more latitude with regards to noise (11:00pm) but our expectations are to help ensure all visitors, locals, and neighbors alike have an delightful experience.
•NO BBQing on ANY decks or porches. This is a colossal fire hazard and is fineable by the town (as is removing batteries from any smoke or co2 alarms). We work extremely hard to keep all of our visitors safe, and sometimes that takes teamwork!
•There is a $100 non-returnable pet fee for one approved pup and a $50 pup fee for a second. There is a two-dog max. unless an exception is granted. Cats are not allowed on premises. If inquiring about a different pet request, please ask!
•April 1st through September 30th, dogs are allowed on the Carolina Beach during restricted hours of BEFORE 9:00 am and AFTER 5:00 pm. On the extreme North End of Carolina Beach, dogs are allowed on leash 24/7. In Kure Beach, dogs are NOT allowed at any juncture. Fort Fisher accepts dogs on leash on the beach 24/7. Please be responsible to follow all town pet ordinances and have an awareness as to which beach you are on at all times .
•Please always consider TRAVEL INSURANCE from your respective renting site or vendor to help protect your costs in case of inclement weather or last-min. travel complications (court, illness, etc.). These items are NOT returnable scenarios unless the unit itself is compromised. If that does happen, we will do our absolute most lavish to find you alternative housing.
•Carolina Beach Town Hall supplies where available, beach wheelchairs that can traverse the sand without charge. Please reach out to the Recreation Center for additional information.
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send tourism guide books with special deals for vacation rentals, restaurants and activities. Search for these publications and coupon books, as this allows vacation goers to discover the same terrific activities with a generally significantly discounted.
- Want to stay away from crowds and get a better price? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high prices.
- Are you a military veteran? Many property management companies provide price cuts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discount.
- Some vacation rentals are basically catered to specific visitors, whether it's downtown homes with pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a certain Southport atteaction which you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual home owners often offer guests the chance to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed due to medical emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gasoline.
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Newcomers are sometimes shocked at the range and wide selection of weekly properties available in the Southport area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of rental properties in Southport are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and working experience to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
We've constructed a brief guide to help you get the most out of your rental experience.
How to find and book the perfect vacation home:
Do you think ""Paradise Found" - Sea sights, sounds, and sun!" is the best rental for your next trip? Read this guide to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many desirable hot spots, In Southport the best vacation homes are booked very early. To guarantee the most desirable choice of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and reserving your Southport rental home 6-12 months in advance, whenever possible. A lot of families prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Pick your Town and Travel Week
Quite often, the toughest portion of planning your vacation is choosing where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, everything else will be simpler.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Really Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be mindful that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the party. Generally vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Have a Spending Limit
Make certain ""Paradise Found" - Sea sights, sounds, and sun!" suits your budget *during your desired dates*. If multiple individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure that everyone understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Typically, just one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's share.
What amenities is your family interested in? Are you looking for a vacation property with outdoor kitchen? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Will the rental have bicycles and body boards available as part of your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
In some cases the senior generation has challenges with staircases. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your companion! Animals are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be restricted. Make sure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Searching the Internet
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Southport local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a first-class rental experience.
Re-read the description to ensure the rental home has everything required. If lacking, the property management company might know of very similar homes that better fit your wishes and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Go Through The Contract
Read through the entire agreement and make certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and rental owners often offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed due to personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Book your Vacation Property
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. If you discover damages, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the rental manager immediately. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Contact your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep all the rooms in the home for left-behind possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, porches, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most rental home sites request reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but completely honest about your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
Does everybody want to re-book next year? Maybe everything turned out to be fantastic and you are all set to reserve the same rental home for next season. Maybe the rental home was not ideal, and you'll better understand how to perfect your search next time.