View this property at:
About this Property
Welcome to Casa Kiwi, a elegant and roomy holiday unit that’s located only a brief distance from the beach and the Sea Grille and Tiki Bar! With three levels of living space, two master bedrooms, plenty outdoor entertainment area, and a fenced in yard, Casa Kiwi is sure to please everybody in the family including the dog!
4 Bedrooms | 4 Bathrooms | Sleeps 12 | Pet-Friendly
• Bonus Room - TV, full size sleeper couch, table with 4 chairs, rocking chair.
• Wet Bar - with mini-refrigerator.
• Full Bathroom - Vanity with shower/tub combo.
• Guest Bedroom 1 - TV, ceiling fan, twin over full bunkbed, floor chair that turns into a twin bed futon.
• Outdoor Entertainment Area - Parlor area with 2 couches, 1 chair, coffee table, picnic table, outdoor shower.
• Yard - Fenced yard.
• Living Room - Grand sectional couch, two side chairs, coffee table, TV, ceiling fan, access to patio.
• Patio - Seating for 4, stairs to ground level.
• Dining Room - Seating for 6 at the table, window seating.
• Kitchen - Full kitchen, stainless steel appliances, seating for 2 at the bar.
• Guest Bedroom 2 - Full bed, ceiling fan, side chair.
• Full Bathroom - Vanity with shower/tub combo.
• Master Bedroom 1 - Queen bed, ceiling fan, TV, side chair, access to private patio, desk in the closet, en-suite bathroom.
• Master Bedroom Patio: Private access with seating for 4.
• Master Bathroom 1 - Double vanity, shower/tub combo, window.
• Washer/Dryer - Located in the hallway
• Master Bedroom 2 - King bed, ceiling fan, TV, desk and chair, enormous loveseat with ottoman, en-suite bathroom.
• Master Bedroom 2 - Double vanity, shower/tub combo, window.
• Parking for 3 cars in the driveway. Please do not block the driveway entrance as this is a shared driveway.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE INCLUDES: Linens (including comforters, blankets, pillows), unit protection waiver and departure cleaning (not supplied with monthly units). Dog Friendly includes 1 pet fee (additional dogs are subject to additional pet fee of $300.00), restrictions may apply. Absolutely no events such as weddings, sororities, fraternities, bachelor or bachelorette events etc... NO Smoking or elevator, stairs on premises, no elevator. Monthly reservations during the off season (mid -Sept to mid - May).
**Paper towels and toilet tissue, trash bags, soaps, detergents, minimal cleaning supplies, beach towels, and any specialty items are NOT included and would need to be brought with you, or bought once you arrive on the island.
ENHANCED CLEANING: We follow CDC cleaning guidelines and ensure all high touched areas have been wiped down with disinfectant spray.
GUEST ACCESS: Electronic Entry. Our units are individually owned and our visitors will have use of the entire unit!
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE:
SUMMER CHECK-INS begin at 4:00PM and end at 6:00PM. OFF SEASON CHECK-INS: begin at 3:00PM and end at 4:30PM. Guests arriving, after office closing time, must contact our office to arrange for a late check in.
CHECK OUT: Is before 10:00AM. We adhere to this policy so please do not arrive early or plan to delay your departure.
Our south end beaches offer tons of experience as well. Find aquatic wildlife at our North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher or appreciate a peaceful ferry ride across the Cape Fear River to a cozy little shopping town called Southport. Take a trip back in time at the Fort Fisher State Historic Site and Museum which includes live oak covered trails and bunkers from the American Civil War. Or wind down with nature at our two state parks, sure to give a memorable experience with hiking, fishing, and water activities such as paddle boarding and kayaking. As one of North Carolina's most undeveloped beaches, the island offers a unique opportunity to see many diverse coastal wildlife, including pelicans and loggerhead sea turtles, in their natural habitat. Whether its exploring activities on the island or easily relishing the sea vistas, Pleasure Island life is sure to capture your heart.
Explore the treasures of Pleasure Island; ranked one of the top 10 boardwalks in the country by Food & Wine magazine. One of the last remaining beach boardwalks on the East Coast it includes a variety of eateries, arcade, stores, ice cream, Famous Britts Donuts, bars, and more! During the summer months, the Boardwalk is bustling with the sound of music, and extraordinary events like the weekly fireworks and concert series. Annual off- season events that include Boardwalk activities are Christmas by the Sea and the Island of Lights Festival.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property managers and vacation rental homes supply Southport area travel discount books which feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the local business itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Are the vacation dates flexible? The off-peak shoulder seasons typically offer fantastic rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Are you a military veteran? Several management companies provide discount rates to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some properties are essentially designed to serve specific guests, whether it is soundside units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and landmarks you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their customers the chance to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often surprised at the number and variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Southport area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The vast majority of rental homes in Southport are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Here are some ideas and methods to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
How to find and book the perfect rental property:
Do you think "4 Bedrooms | 4 Bathrooms | Sleeps 12 | Pet-Friendly. Rate All-inclusive Read for Details." is the perfect vacation property for your next vacation? Read through this check list to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many popular hot spots, In Southport the best vacation homes are booked very early. For the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months prior to a trip. A lot of households plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Oftentimes, the hardest portion of scheduling your vacation is deciding on where to go, and when. After the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what sort of bedroom setup you need to have. Keep in mind that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the company. Most rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Commit to a Budget
Most rentals are advertised with a cost range. Determine the rate for your chosen trip. It might be at the top end of the range. If many groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure everyone understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental documents call for a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is the family trying to find? Are you looking for a rental property with outdoor dining area? Does the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to restaurants? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property charge? Create a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Do individual members of your party have special needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Almost all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the gang visiting with a dog or cat? Dog policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Many restrictions may dismiss a prospective rental home. Make certain you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Southport local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to having exceptional properties, local agencies offer you top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have located your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. This is more effective during the off-peak season when many homes sit vacant.
Study the Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental home cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Property
When you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Please be respectful of the local community. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Just about all rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If the property and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything was unacceptable and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you should note that as part of your critique.
Use Your Experience
Does everyone want to go back? If everything was wonderful, next year's family vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience that will help with the next search.