View this property at:
About this Property
Looking for an sea front condo get-a-way to savor those colored beach sunrises and salty evening winds? "A touch of Heaven" may be just the home away from home you are looking for! "A touch of Bliss" is a two bedroom comfortable condo with front row sea sights, sounds, and experiences. The complex is supplied with its own communal sizable pool, BBQ area, gargantuan backyard, and your own private beach access to make our visitors time beach-combing and sun-seeking an Sea BREEZE!
"A touch of Utopia" beach condo suite 24A walks (or use the onsite elevator!) you up 3 stilted flights and opens up to a layout consisting of two inviting bedrooms (one Queen in the master and two Twin's in the other) along with a Queen size auto-inflating living room pull out if requiring just a bit more guest space. A galley kitchen rests just off the living room and dining area while the entirety of the condo overlooks a expansive expanse of our Atlantic Sea. The living room includes a generous sliding door where you can watch the pelicans roost and waves crash without moving an inch. A TV and WIFI connection will ensure you stay briefly connected with the outdoor world before heading back to hunt for the ideal shell.
The YARD: The shared community yard is intended to be able to congregate, BBQ, play, dance, wrestle, and have a blast. The complexes private beach access is also located in the rear "yard".
The SUITE: Guests have full access to their own private SUITE (never shared). The SHARED onsite elevator, pool, and communal beach access are available for all visitors to use.
PARKING: Parking for (1) is available on site with a parking pass found inside the suite itself that MUST be displayed in order to prevent a tow. Any additional community parking would have availability on a first come fist serve basis. We do not recommend any lot or proprietor in particular.
Feel complimentary to reach out for any specific needs or clarifiers!
We are accessible up until 8pm EST for any general inquiries one may have.
Pleasure Island is a coastal barrier island in Southeastern North Carolina, USA just south of the City of Wilmington. Pleasure Island is located within Federal Point Township, in New Hanover County. The coastal resort towns of Carolina Beach and Kure Beach, as well as the annexed communities of Wilmington Beach and Hanby Beach are located on the island.
"The Island" has become a RAPIDLY increasing holiday destination for the entirety of the East coast and beyond for many reasons. Because we are in fact a true island, “overcrowding” isn’t in of itself a monumental issue. Limited parking and available housing will always create a peaceful “max capacity” that will always give a calming (and healthy) occupancy level and vibe that, despite the “hordes”, will always leave copious complimentary space for those looking for a bit more “distancing” and privacy. It’s also what is making the real unit market shoot through the roof! It’s an AMAZING place to visit, live, and never leave!
The home itself is brief ride or long walk from Downtown Carolina Beach with its stores, activities and dining. In Carolina Beach you’ve got the boardwalk, eateries, and local stores of all kinds. If you like adventures, the marina is also there where you can take an offshore fishing trip, diving excursion, or event boat out for a sunset sail. Camping more your thing? Come with the 4X4 and drive (and camp) on the beach at Freeman Park, located on the North End of the island. You can also head down to Kure Beach and fish directly off their fishing pier compete with bait, tackles, and more! The Carolina Beach Lake is close by, hosting a weekly Farmer’s Market every Saturday, FIREWORKS every Thursday, and outdoor summer movies on Sunday’s (on a sizable inflatable screen in the middle of the lake!). We welcome you to sit back, relax and appreciate yourselves because that's exactly what the beach is for! * (due to Covid, please be prepared for periodic deviations from our usually scheduled events).
There isn’t anywhere or anything on our Island that isn’t accessible with foot power. Downtown Carolina Beach has a number of vendors (such as Pleasure Island Units @ 2 N Lake Park Blvd Carolina Beach NC 28428 (golf carts) and Tony Silvagni’s Surf School @ 107 Charlotte ave Carolina Beach NC 28428 (bicycles, paddleboards, surfboards, kayaks) for rent as an alternative to walking or driving. Taxi’s (local golf cart taxi’s) and Uber’s are also generally available for an assist when needed as well throughout the island! You can catch a Ferry to Southport in Kure Beach @ 2422 Fort Fisher Blvd S Kure Beach which leads to another ferry to Bald Head Island where NO CARS are allowed at all!
After all, you won’t catch many locals going OTB! (Over The Bridge). Everything you need is right here!
Other things to note
•Salt Water Real Estate has partnered with the absolute best vendors our Island has to offer to help ensure visitors can spend more time appreciating themselves and less time researching! Our partners include the Tony Silvagni Surf School for professional surf lessons, bicycle, umbrella, and chair units, Salty Dog Yoga, Squared Away Cleaning and Maintenance, TNL Kleans, and Low Tide Linen Units who provides all visitors of SWRE an added 10% off. Our partners support visitors of Salt Water Real Estate with the highest caliber of local services for extremely competitive and oft discounted pricing. They all contribute to the “Salt Water” experience and we <3 them for it!
•ALL suites are non-smoking (including vaping) and a heavy cleaning/repair charge can result if not adhered to. This includes porches, decks, balconies, and walkways. Please smoke well away from any SWRE unit unless willing to risk the potential loss of deposit or more.
•Linens (sheets, towels, pillowcases, etc.) ARE supplied as part of the suite rental here for *5 nighttime + units (for shorter stays, linens must be rented/brought). Pillows and basic comforters ARE also included. Please refer to the linens chart supplied in the renting site description section for a unit’s bed sizes. Please reach out to Low Tide for any requests beyond "standard" linen packages. We partner with “Low Tide Linens & Units” for any visitors looking to rent a linen package as opposed to bringing or buying your own. They will deliver directly into the suite in advance of your stay! Mention that you are staying with SALT WATER REAL ESTATE and receive an additional 10% off of any rentable items!
• SWRE contractual peaceful hours begin at 9:00pm EST. Town ordinance may accept more latitude with regards to noise (11:00pm) but our expectations are to help ensure all visitors, locals, and neighbors alike have an delightful experience.
•NO BBQing on ANY decks or porches. This is a colossal fire hazard and is fineable by the town (as is removing batteries from any smoke or co2 alarms). We work extremely hard to keep all of our visitors safe, and sometimes that takes teamwork!
•Please always consider TRAVEL INSURANCE from your respective renting site or vendor to help protect your costs in case of inclement weather or last-min. travel complications (court, illness, etc.). These items are NOT returnable scenarios unless the unit itself is compromised. If that does happen, we will do our absolute most superb to find you alternative housing.
•Carolina Beach Town Hall supplies where available, beach wheelchairs that can traverse the sand without charge. Please reach out to the Recreation Center for additional information.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and rental homes supply Southport area discount catalogs which feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the property manager and the store itself. These guides may provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Is it possible to move your vacation week? Off-peak times offer up sizeable savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for unique discounts. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a discount.
- Is there a certain activity that you are most longing for during your stay? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sight-seeing opportunities you are most looking forward to.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to discover the number of vacation homes are located in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and practical knowledge to provide painless operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some tips and strategies to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the best vacation property:
Before you start to book ""A touch of Paradise" Oceanfront condo suite 24A", review our short list of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many desirable destinations, In Southport the best rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental..
Select your Place and Vacation Week
Consensus can be challenging between family members, but once this difficult part is complete everything will quickly fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. If not, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Will the chosen vacation property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a pricey rental. Usually, one member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and getting each party's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family looking for? Are you looking for a rental home with outdoor dining area? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Create a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Occasionally the elder generation has problems with stairways. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Animal guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Many restrictions may possibly eliminate a prospective vacation property. Read your contract very carefully! Additional charges may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Start the Search
As soon as the location, time and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the very best rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Southport local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local companies often times have a unique selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the property management company may know of very similar homes that better fit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-peak season when many homes sit empty.
Go Through The Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides peace of mind should disaster strike.
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any damage as soon as you arrive. If you discover damages, or if repairs are needed call the property manager immediately. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be valuable.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, condo access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A quick phone call avoids many complications.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Residents will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip a lot more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Although you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The rental home should really be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks full of dirty dishes, surplus beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be taken care of prior to leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damages. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Virtually all rental home sites ask for feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you should make it a point in your feedback.
Hold a meeting with your family. Did everyone have a blast? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic rental. If the property was not perfect, and you'll better know how to perfect your search next time.