View this property at:
About this Property
Looking for an sea front condo get-a-way to savor those colored beach sunrises and salty evening winds? "A touch of Utopia" may be just the home away from home you are looking for! "A touch of Heaven" is a two bedroom peaceful condo with front row sea sights, sounds, and experiences. The complex is supplied with its own communal enormous pool, BBQ area, monumental backyard, and your own private beach access to make our visitors time beach-combing and sun-seeking an Sea BREEZE!
"A touch of Bliss" beach condo suite 24A walks (or use the onsite elevator!) you up 3 stilted flights and opens up to a layout consisting of two comfortable bedrooms (one Queen in the master and two Twin's in the other) along with a Queen size auto-inflating living room pull out if requiring just a bit more guest space. A galley kitchen rests just off the living room and dining area while the entirety of the condo overlooks a expansive expanse of our Atlantic Sea. The living room includes a sizable sliding door where you can watch the pelicans roost and waves crash without moving an inch. A TV and WIFI connection will ensure you stay briefly connected with the outdoor world before heading back to hunt for the ideal shell.
The YARD: The shared community yard is intended to be able to congregate, BBQ, play, dance, wrestle, and have a blast. The complexes private beach access is also located in the rear "yard".
The SUITE: Guests have full access to their own private SUITE (never shared). The SHARED onsite elevator, pool, and communal beach access are available for all visitors to use.
PARKING: Parking for (1) is available on site with a parking pass found inside the suite itself that MUST be displayed in order to prevent a tow. Any additional community parking would have availability on a first come fist serve basis. We do not recommend any lot or proprietor in particular.
Feel complimentary to reach out for any specific needs or clarifiers!
We are accessible up until 8pm EST for any general inquiries one may have.
Pleasure Island is a coastal barrier island in Southeastern North Carolina, USA just south of the City of Wilmington. Pleasure Island is located within Federal Point Township, in New Hanover County. The coastal resort towns of Carolina Beach and Kure Beach, as well as the annexed communities of Wilmington Beach and Hanby Beach are located on the island.
"The Island" has become a RAPIDLY increasing holiday destination for the entirety of the East coast and beyond for many reasons. Because we are in fact a true island, “overcrowding” isn’t in of itself a giant issue. Limited parking and available housing will always create a inviting “max capacity” that will always give a calming (and healthy) occupancy level and vibe that, despite the “hordes”, will always leave copious complimentary space for those looking for a bit more “distancing” and privacy. It’s also what is making the real unit market shoot through the roof! It’s an AMAZING place to visit, live, and never leave!
The home itself is brief ride or long walk from Downtown Carolina Beach with its stores, activities and dining. In Carolina Beach you’ve got the boardwalk, eateries, and local stores of all kinds. If you like adventures, the marina is also there where you can take an offshore fishing trip, diving excursion, or event boat out for a sunset sail. Camping more your thing? Come with the 4X4 and drive (and camp) on the beach at Freeman Park, located on the North End of the island. You can also head down to Kure Beach and fish directly off their fishing pier compete with bait, tackles, and more! The Carolina Beach Lake is close by, hosting a weekly Farmer’s Market every Saturday, FIREWORKS every Thursday, and outdoor summer movies on Sunday’s (on a huge inflatable screen in the middle of the lake!). We welcome you to sit back, relax and appreciate yourselves because that's exactly what the beach is for! * (due to Covid, please be prepared for periodic deviations from our usually scheduled events).
There isn’t anywhere or anything on our Island that isn’t accessible with foot power. Downtown Carolina Beach has a number of vendors (such as Pleasure Island Units @ 2 N Lake Park Blvd Carolina Beach NC 28428 (golf carts) and Tony Silvagni’s Surf School @ 107 Charlotte ave Carolina Beach NC 28428 (bicycles, paddleboards, surfboards, kayaks) for rent as an alternative to walking or driving. Taxi’s (local golf cart taxi’s) and Uber’s are also generally available for an assist when needed as well throughout the island! You can catch a Ferry to Southport in Kure Beach @ 2422 Fort Fisher Blvd S Kure Beach which leads to another ferry to Bald Head Island where NO CARS are allowed at all!
After all, you won’t catch many locals going OTB! (Over The Bridge). Everything you need is right here!
Other things to note
•Salt Water Real Estate has partnered with the absolute premium vendors our Island has to offer to help ensure visitors can spend more time savoring themselves and less time researching! Our partners include the Tony Silvagni Surf School for professional surf lessons, bicycle, umbrella, and chair units, Salty Dog Yoga, Squared Away Cleaning and Maintenance, TNL Kleans, and Low Tide Linen Units who provides all visitors of SWRE an added 10% off. Our partners support visitors of Salt Water Real Estate with the highest caliber of local services for extremely competitive and oft discounted pricing. They all contribute to the “Salt Water” experience and we <3 them for it!
•ALL suites are non-smoking (including vaping) and a heavy cleaning/repair charge can result if not adhered to. This includes porches, decks, balconies, and walkways. Please smoke well away from any SWRE unit unless willing to risk the potential loss of deposit or more.
•Linens (sheets, towels, pillowcases, etc.) ARE supplied as part of the suite rental here for *5 nighttime + units (for shorter stays, linens must be rented/brought). Pillows and basic comforters ARE also included. Please refer to the linens chart supplied in the renting site description section for a unit’s bed sizes. Please reach out to Low Tide for any requests beyond "standard" linen packages. We partner with “Low Tide Linens & Units” for any visitors looking to rent a linen package as opposed to bringing or buying your own. They will deliver directly into the suite in advance of your stay! Mention that you are staying with SALT WATER REAL ESTATE and receive an additional 10% off of any rentable items!
• SWRE contractual peaceful hours begin at 9:00pm EST. Town ordinance may accept more latitude with regards to noise (11:00pm) but our expectations are to help ensure all visitors, locals, and neighbors alike have an enchanting experience.
•NO BBQing on ANY decks or porches. This is a colossal fire hazard and is fineable by the town (as is removing batteries from any smoke or co2 alarms). We work extremely hard to keep all of our visitors safe, and sometimes that takes teamwork!
•Please always consider TRAVEL INSURANCE from your respective renting site or vendor to help protect your costs in case of inclement weather or last-min. travel complications (court, illness, etc.). These items are NOT returnable scenarios unless the unit itself is compromised. If that does happen, we will do our absolute most attractive to find you alternative housing.
•Carolina Beach Town Hall supplies where available, beach wheelchairs that can traverse the sand without charge. Please reach out to the Recreation Center for additional information.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will offer you printed travel guide books with special offers for rental properties, dining and activities. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Are your travel dates changeable? Shoulder seasons provide terrific deals.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer discounts for active and veteran men and women of the Military, or repeat travelers of the same rental. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a discounted price.
- Is there a certain experience you are most looking forward to during your stay? You'll receive the most value from a home that most directly suits your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed due to medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Many people are surprised to discover the number of properties are offered in Southport. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they manage the online marketing and operations..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
How to find and book a great vacation rental:
Do you believe ""A touch of Paradise" Oceanfront condo suite 24A" is the perfect vacation property for your next visit? Read through this checklist to make sure it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Southport vacation homes start booking very early. To assure the very best choice of homes, we advise searching and reserving your Southport getaway 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Many visitors prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Pick a Town and Time
Agreement can be tough between loved ones, but as soon as this tricky part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
Selecting an Properly-Sized Rental property
How many relatives are joining your trip? Remember that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for the company. Generally rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Commit to a Budget
Will the chosen rental fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If many individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. One individual in your company must be given the task of getting payments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental price at time of reservation.
Vacation home Features
What property features is your family searching for? Do you only want a property with a swimming pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Are sheets offered with the rental contract, or do you need to provide your own? Create a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Special Issues to consider
Do a few people in your crew have specialized needs? Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other people in the group traveling with a furry companion? Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies can vary. Read your contract carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you book!
Searching the Internet
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Southport local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental home management companies take pride in an exceptional vacation experience.
Re-read the description to ensure the rental home has everything required. If lacking, the home management company might know of comparable properties that better fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. Your easiest prospects for a reduced rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Study the Entire Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
If you want to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental cost, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health care emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Remember to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. We also advise immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any repairs.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call eliminates many problems.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make certain you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most vacation rental sites request reviews after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for positive reviews. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but completely honest with regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will work hard to solve the situation.
Learn and Improve
How did they feel about the rental home? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning is going to be simple. If not, you've acquired useful experience to aid with another search.