- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Spa Whirlpool
- Sports & Activities
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach but I am just a phone call away & by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as ideal as possible. If and when needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is located in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St.
At Main St. turn right. 201 is on the Left after 28th St. 903 in on the Left after 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the striking island's beaches grow in size, we continue to maintain the straighforward feeling of yesterdays when times were simpler.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family helpful, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offering all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Affable environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay on Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The peaceful island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can adore your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just relish the Sunsets
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear From the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRE: K, SBRE: Q & S, MBRW: Q & S, SBRW: Q, Ground Floor: Q & 2 Bunk beds, 3 - 1/2 Baths. Very High Speed Wireless. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Welcoming Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Ceiling Fan in the Great Room. Eight Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Kitchen Sink is Supplied With a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout. You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! Microwave, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker. New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened In Porch, 4 Rockers, 2 chairs With Matching Side Tables, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck, Outside Shower / Foot Rinse. Ground Floor Shower With Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer on the 1st floor. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Kitchen Ready for Your Use By That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning By Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm). Spectacular Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all of your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Bed Room & Bath.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is decorated to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. Your towels & linen, include bed pads, bedspreads and pillows are included. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan are supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied in an attempt to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent (Supplied in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Sink Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pads (Included)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Included)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll Per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Included)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Bath Soap (Wall Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Towels
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Chairs (Many Included in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Included in Guest Storage*)
• Beach Bag
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
If you need to rent linens, please contact one of the following suppliers to rent your linens, towels and/or beach equipment.
Holiday Equipment Units
Calabash Photography Studio.
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a acclaimed destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message!
The most great place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach complimentary Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber's Restaurant on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state of the art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
Sunset at Sunset Festival
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the most meticulous food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea. Watch for special speakers and events that the museum hosts all over the year.
Take a walk on the wild side at Barefoot Landing’s Alligator Adventure in North Myrtle Beach. You’ll not only find alligators hiding in the marshes and swamps, but you’ll be able to see lizards, frogs, and rare feathered friends in a very live environment. Fun and stimulating for the whole family!
Myrtle Beach Pelicans
One of the most favorite local activities around is to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball team play ball. The Pelicans, a class A affiliate ball club for the Texas Rangers, plays baseball at Coastal Federal Field (next door to Broadway At The Beach). Come on down for an evening of baseball at this state-of-the-art facility.
Myrtle Waves Water Park
20 acres of water rides and more than 1 million gallons of water forms Myrtle Waves water park, the biggest water park in South Carolina. The park is host to over 30 water soaked rides and attractions. Located just a brief drive down Highway 17, your family will have a whole days worth of fun in the sun.
Myrtle Beach Speedway
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send printed guide books with special packages for accommodations, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Would like to stay away from the crowds of people? Off-peak times provide remarkable savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for discount rates. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain activity you are most getting excited about during your stay? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and points of interest you are most interested in.
- Think about investing in trip insurance with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are surprised to discover just how many vacation homes can be found in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an ideal getaway to suit their Southport group, from quiet condos to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Southport are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners mainly because they manage the advertising and operations..
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
How to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Before you decide to book " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", read through our brief collection of points to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Southport rentals book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. A lot of families choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Pick your Area and Travel Week
Agreement can often be tricky between family, but once this challenging part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
Pick a Size
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you'll need. Be aware that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. If not, speak to the property owner before you book.
What Are You Willing to Shell out?
The majority of rental properties are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your preferred trip. It could be at the high end of the range. If a few groups or families are sharing the cost, make sure that each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental agreements require a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you only want a rental home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys for use throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate rental.
Elderly guests will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other people in the family travelling with a dog? Although a number of rentals allow animal friends, rules and costs vary per property. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be controlled. Study your contract carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
The best places to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Southport local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a top-quality vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Your greatest opportunity for a reduced rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read Through The Contract
Read the whole contract and be certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard fee, travelers will have to pay state taxes when renting " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", along with various other additional fees which may be required depending on their situation, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Rental management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should catastrophe strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any critical repairs. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be useful.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Be respectful of the community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred in the course of your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many rental property sites request comments after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing ratings. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest regarding your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a blast? With a little luck everything was perfect and you're excited to reserve the same property for next year. If the rental property was not perfect, and you'll better know how to refine your search next time.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.4 miles
- Drift - 4.4 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.5 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.0 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.1 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.7 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.6 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.3 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.7 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.0 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.7 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.2 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.2 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.5 miles