- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Beach Chairs
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach but I am just a phone call away & by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as ideal as possible. If and when needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is located in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St.
At Main St. turn right. 201 is on the Left after 28th St. 903 in on the Left after 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the spectacular island's beaches grow in size, we continue to maintain the simple feeling of yesterdays when times were simpler.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family amiable, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offering all comforts possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Chummy environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay on Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The calming island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can appreciate your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just relish the Sunsets
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Adore the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear From the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Family Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRE: K, SBRE: Q & S, MBRW: Q & S, SBRW: Q, Ground Floor: Q & 2 Bunk beds, 3 - 1/2 Baths. Very High Speed Wireless. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Neighborly Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Ceiling Fan in the Great Room. Eight Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Kitchen Sink is Supplied With a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout. You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! Microwave, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker. New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened In Porch, 4 Rockers, 2 chairs With Matching Side Tables, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck, Outside Shower / Foot Rinse. Ground Floor Shower With Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer on the 1st floor. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Kitchen Ready for Your Use By That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning By Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm). Dazzling Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all of your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Bed Room & Bath.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. Your towels & linen, include bed pads, bedspreads and pillows are included. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency comfort. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan are supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied in an attempt to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent (Supplied in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Sink Dispenser Included)
• Dish Washer Jell Pads (Supplied)
• Dish Towels (Included)
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Supplied)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Included)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll Per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Included)
• Bath Soap (Wall Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Towels
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Chairs (Many Included in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Included in Guest Storage*)
• Beach Bag
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
If you need to rent linens, please contact one of the following suppliers to rent your linens, towels and/or beach equipment.
Holiday Equipment Units
Calabash Photography Studio.
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a outstanding destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message!
The most superb place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach complimentary Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber's Restaurant on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state of the art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
Sunset at Sunset Festival
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the best food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea. Watch for special speakers and events that the museum hosts everywhere the year.
Take a walk on the wild side at Barefoot Landing’s Alligator Adventure in North Myrtle Beach. You’ll not only find alligators hiding in the marshes and swamps, but you’ll be able to see lizards, frogs, and rare feathered friends in a very live environment. Fun and appealing for the whole family!
Myrtle Beach Pelicans
One of the most favorite local activities around is to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball team play ball. The Pelicans, a class A affiliate ball club for the Texas Rangers, plays baseball at Coastal Federal Field (next door to Broadway At The Beach). Come on down for an evening of baseball at this state-of-the-art facility.
Myrtle Waves Water Park
20 acres of water rides and more than 1 million gallons of water forms Myrtle Waves water park, the biggest water park in South Carolina. The park is host to over 30 water soaked rides and attractions. Located just a brief drive down Highway 17, your family will have a whole days worth of fun in the sun.
Myrtle Beach Speedway
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send printed guides with special packages for rental properties, dining and activities. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- In a position to alter your trip dates? Off-peak times provide tremendous deals.
- Many property management companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the US Military, or returning guests of the same property. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some rental properties are basically designed to serve specific guests, whether it's beachfront rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private windsurfing launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sights you are most interested in.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to find out just how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, guests are sure to find a rental home which fits their wishes and budget.
Virtually all rental homes in Southport are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with owners mainly because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Below are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the vacation rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the best rental home:
Before you decide to book " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", read through our brief collection of factors to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many trendy hot spots, In Southport the best rental properties are booked early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before your vacation. Holiday reunions are a popular time for groups to plot their Summer family trips..
Choose your Place and Vacation Week
Consensus can be complicated among family, but as soon as this difficult part is complete everything will quickly drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Check to make sure " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"" satisfies your price range *during your desired dates*. If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, check to make sure each party knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be in charge of the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family looking for? Do you just desire a property with a swimming pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Will the property need to be beachfront, in town, or near night life? Will the property have bikes and body boards for use as part of your stay? Create a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Do a few members of your crew have specialized needs? Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the party visiting with a pet? Pets are welcome at many rentals, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and breeds might be restricted. Ensure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
It Is Time to Search
As soon as the area, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources to find the best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Southport local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local property management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the rental home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable homes that better fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read the Contract
Read the whole agreement and be sure you understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard charge, guests must pay state taxes when renting " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", in addition to any other fees which may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives reassurance should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Don't forget to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. If you find property damage, or if repairs are required contact the home manager immediately.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Please be respectful of the local community. Often times, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a little bit. Despite the fact that you're paying a housekeeping fee, The property really needs to be in sound condition. Sinks full of pots and pans, surplus beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should really be dealt with before you leave.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental home sites permit renters to give feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the property was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Did they like the rental choice? Maybe everything was perfect and you are ready to re-book the property for next season. If the rental home wasn't perfect, and you will better know how to improve your search next time.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- The Oyster Rock - 3.5 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.4 miles
- Drift - 4.4 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.5 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.0 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.1 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.7 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.6 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.3 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.7 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.0 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.7 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.2 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.2 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.5 miles