View this property at:
About this Property
2000 sf Sea Front Home w/2 Outside showers. 5 Bedrooms, 3 ½ Baths.
YOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course, you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach, but I am just a phone call away or by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. When needed I have personal assistance available on site.
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear from the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBR West: Queen & Twin, SBR West: Queen, MBR East: King, SBR East: Queen & Twin, Ground Floor: Queen & 2 Bunk beds. 3-1/2 Baths. Very High-Speed Wireless. Our Promise to You Is to Provide a Very Well-Maintained Roomy Oceanfront with Great Reception & Wi-Fi. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Friendly Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! Cell Signal Booster for All Providers. NEW INFANT SEAT. All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Netflix Available to use with your account in the Living Room. 2 Ceiling Fans in the Great Room with Lights. 6 Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Sink Supplied with a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout (YOU WILL NO LONGER NEED WATER BOTTLES!). New Fridge, New Microwave, Toaster Oven, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Blender, Electric Hand Mixer, Abundance of Silver Ware & Dinner Ware, Cooking Utensils & Cookware, Take Away Disposable Food Containers, New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened in Porch, 5 Rockers, 4 Adirondack Chairs, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck, Fish Flag on Pole. Ground Floor Foot Rinse, Screened Shower with Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer, Weber Charcoal Grille, Picnic Table With 2 Benches. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In, when SCHEDULED, Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom Ready for Your Use by
That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning by Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm). Great House with Countless Free Conveniences Supplied to include: Beds made before you arrive, Bath Towels included, Kitchen Towels supplied, 2 Body Wash Dispensers in each bathroom, 2 Shampoo Dispensers in each bathroom, Hand Soap Disposable Dispenser in each bathroom, Kleenex Tissue, Soccer Ball, Volley Ball, Binoculars, Tripods, Telescope, Bocce Set, Spike ball Set, Guitar with Strings, for Your Individual and Personal Pleasure.
BEAUTIFUL VIEWS OF THE ATLANTIC & THE WONDROUS SKY!
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is decorated to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. You will find kitchen towels, bath towels, linen, bed toppers, bed encasements, bed pads, bed skirts, bedspreads, shams and pillows. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials: broom, dustpan, cleaning rags, bucket & mop are supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent Pods (Supplied in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Disposable Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Supplied Under Sink)
• Dish Towels (Included)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter with Dedicated Waterspout (Included)
YOU MAY NO LONGER NEED WATER BOTTLES
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Supplied*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Supplied)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Included)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Included)
• Hand Soap (Disposable Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (2 Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (2 Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Chairs (Many Included in the Guest Storage)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage)
• Beach Cart (Supplied in Guest Storage)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Bag
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Manon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Manon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Manon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the spectacular island's beaches grow, we continue to maintain the simple feeling of yesterday’s when times were simpler.
PEACE & QUIET
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Friendly environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay in Sunset Beach. ”It’s peaceful”, they said.
The relaxing island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can savor your ice cream cone, quart of milk or odds & ends for sandwiches. This is the calm & rather you will treasure the most for your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just appreciate the beach. The Sunsets you will never forget.
CALABASH PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo. We used them for our Family Reunion & they are reasonable & great people.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a fashionable destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox. There you can enjoy reading some of the notes left or take the time to leave a message or your very own special experience!
The most great place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next opportunity.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm. On the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach Free Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber McGee’s on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state-of-the-art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
SUNSET AT SUNSET FESTIVAL
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the premium food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family friendly, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offer all amenities possible.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Laundry. This you will get from the lock box (Code Included Before You Arrive). Once you get in Put the Key Back in the Lock Box. You will have 2 identical keys for your comfort to use during your stay.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Manon Gore bridge. 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the Left at the corner of 28th St. & 903 in on the Left just past 35th St.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you printed guide books with special deals for rental homes, dining and tours. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and coupon books, because this allows travelers to take advantage of the very same wonderful activities at a sometimes substantial discounted.
- Just want to avoid the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top pricing.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some management companies provide special discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some rental homes are basically catered to particular visitors, whether it's downtown units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and attractions you are most interested in.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners typically offer guests an opportunity to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline.
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to learn just how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to find a property that meets their wishes and price range.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners frequently select management companies to manage online advertising, cleaning and routine maintenance.
We have put together a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental property experience.
How to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Before you book " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", read through our short collection of things to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Southport rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for families to plan their Summer vacations..
Decide on a Village and Time
Begin by deciding which particular area of Southport you prefer to visit, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
Selecting an Correctly-Sized Rental property
Determine who is going, and how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you should have. Remember that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Most rental properties are marketed with a cost range. Determine the cost for your selected week. It may be at the top end of the range. If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make certain everybody knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental documents call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Do you just desire a rental home with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Does the rental have bikes and body boards available as part of your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect rental.
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
What About Furry Family Members?
Make sure you include your companion! Pet guidelines are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Many constraints may possibly eliminate a potential vacation property. Be sure you read agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when pets are added.
Searching the Internet
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Southport local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. In addition to offering exceptional properties, local agencies provide top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Read Through The Agreement
Read through the full contract and be sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular fee, travelers have to pay local taxes when booking " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", in addition to various other additional fees which may be required based upon their situation, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides relief should catastrophe strike.
As soon as you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Make sure you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems immediately after you arrive. If you discover damages, or if fixes are required contact the property manager straight away.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Frequently, adjacent residences are occupied by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Most vacation rental sites seek comments after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If anything was wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you should note that in your feedback.
Did everyone have a blast? Ideally everything was perfect and you're happy to re-book the rental home for next season. If the rental wasn't quite right, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.