- 5 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property2000 sf Sea Front Home w/2 Outside showers. 5 Bedrooms, 3 ½ Baths.
YOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
201 West Main St.
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
903 West Main St.
Of course, you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach, but I am just a phone call away or by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. When needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the Left at the corner of 28th St. 903 in on the Left just past 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the spectacular island's beaches grow, we continue to maintain the smooth feeling of yesteryear’s when times were simpler.
This home was one of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family amicable, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offer all amenities possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Chummy environment. I had the enjoyment to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay on Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The calming island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can adore your ice cream cone, quart of milk or odds & ends for sandwiches. This is the calm & rather you will treasure the most for your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just relish the beach. The Sunsets you will never forget.
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear from the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRE: K, SBRE: Q & S, MBRW: Q & S, SBRW: Q, Ground Floor: Q & 2 Bunk beds, 3 - 1/2 Baths. Very High-Speed Wireless. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Amicable Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, 6 Color TV's, Ceiling Fan in the Great Room. Eight Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 2 Counter Stools. Kitchen Sink is Supplied with a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout. You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! Microwave, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker with Coffee Filters. New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened in Porch, 4 Rockers, 2 Red Chairs with Matching Side Tables & 2 Yellow Chairs with Matching Side Table, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Sun Deck. Ground Floor Outside Shower / Foot Rinse, Ground Floor Shower with Hot & Cold Water. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. New Washer & Dryer on the 1st floor. Partial Check-In, when SCHEDULED, Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom & Bathroom Ready for Your Use by That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning by Our Normal Check-In Time of 3pm).
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all your needs, the entrance door, the ground floor Bed Room & Bath. This you will get from the lock box (Code Supplied Before You Arrive). Once you get in Put the Key Back in the Lock Box. You will have 2 identical keys for your comfort to use during your stay.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. Your towels & linen include bed pads, bedspreads and pillows/pillow cases are supplied. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency comfort. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan is supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is included to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent Pods (Included in Laundry Room)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Sink Disposable Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Included)
• Dish Towels (Included)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter with Dedicated Spout (Included)
You may no longer need water bottles
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Included)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll Per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Hand Soap (Disposable Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Body Wash (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom)
• Beach Umbrella (One Supplied in Guest Storage*)
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (One Supplied in Guest Storage*)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Bag
CALABASH PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo. We used them for our Family Reunion & they are reasonable & great people.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a famed destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox. There you can savor reading some of the notes left or take the time to leave a message or your very own special experience!
The choice place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next opportunity.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm. On the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach Free Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber McGee’s on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M, W & F at 7 am, and Tu, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state-of-the-art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
SUNSET AT SUNSET FESTIVAL
Sunset Beach's favorite event is held annually the first Saturday in October and is the ideal one-day event during the ideal time of year. The community block event has entertainment all day, quality crafts and vendors, and some of the most great food you'll find anywhere.
Sea Isle Beach
COASTAL CAROLINA MUSEUM
Located at Sea Isle. Great for the children. Standing exhibits on the beach tides, local animals and fish & the 'touch tank' where children can see and feel some of the creatures of the sea. Watch for special speakers and events that the museum hosts all over the year.
Take a walk on the wild side at Barefoot Landing’s Alligator Adventure in North Myrtle Beach. You’ll not only find alligators hiding in the marshes and swamps, but you’ll be able to see lizards, frogs, and rare feathered friends in a very live environment. Fun and breathtaking for the whole family!
MYRTLE BEACH PELICANS
One of the most favorite local activities around is to watch the Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball team play ball. The Pelicans, a class A affiliate ball club for the Texas Rangers, plays baseball at Coastal Federal Field (next door to Broadway At the Beach). Come on down for an evening of baseball at this state-of-the-art facility.
MYRTLE WAVES WATER PARK
20 acres of water rides and more than 1 million gallons of water forms Myrtle Waves Water Park, the biggest water park in South Carolina. This park hosts over 30 water-soaked rides.
- Many rental owners and vacation rental houses supply Southport area vacation discount magazines which feature money-saving offers, either offered independently by merchants, or via a relationship between the property manager and the local itself. Be on the lookout for these books and promotional books, since this allows travelers to enjoy those terrific attractions at a frequently significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high fees.
- Are you a military veteran? Several management companies offer price cuts to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific types of visitors. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to music venues. If there's a particular Southport atteaction which you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a result of health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or extra gas.
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to discover the number of rental homes are offered in Southport. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an suitable retreat to fit their Southport crew, from quiet condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and experience to provide painless operational management on behalf of the owner..
We've assembled a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental property:
Before you start to book " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", go through our brief list of points to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Southport rental homes start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months prior to your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental..
Choose your Area and Vacation Week
Quite often, the hardest portion of scheduling your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest will be much easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the family. Most vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Commit to a Budget
Most vacation rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the rate for your chosen week. It might be at the top end of the range. If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, confirm that each party understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Generally speaking, a single member of the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and recovering each person's share.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family trying to find? Do you primarily want a rental with a swimming pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are sheet sets included with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Create a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Commonly the senior generation has trouble with stairs. Be sure to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Make sure you include your companion! Animals are welcome at a number of rental properties, but guidelines differ. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Examine your contract carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Start the Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Southport local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local companies typically have a unique selection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything you need. If something is missing, the rental management company might know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-season when many homes sit empty.
Read the Total Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular rate, guests have to pay state taxes when booking " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "An Emerald On The Beach"", in addition to any other additional fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed due to personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
When you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental owner.
Get Contact Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also advise immediately calling the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any necessary fixes. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be helpful.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Please be respectful of the neighborhood. Frequently, adjacent properties are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Clean up a lttle bit. Even if you're having to pay a cleaning fee, The rental needs to be in sound condition. Sinks brimming with dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be remedied before leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental? Most rental home management companies and rental home sites allow renters to give feedback. If the property and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but straightforward in regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to rectify the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. Did they love their vacation? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning is going to be painless. Maybe the rental wasn't ideal, and you will better recognize how to filter your search for the next trip.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- The Oyster Rock - 3.5 miles
- Jinks Creek Waterfront Grille - 4.3 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.4 miles
- Drift - 4.4 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.5 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.0 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.1 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.1 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.7 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.6 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.3 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.7 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.2 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.5 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.1 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.0 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.7 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.2 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.2 miles