- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Spa Whirlpool
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
Of course you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach but I am just a phone call away & by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as ideal as possible. If and when needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is located in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the marvelous island's beaches grow in size, we continue to maintain the painless feeling of yesterdays when times were simpler.
This home has been family owned for more than 40 years. One of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. Constructed by Mr. Watcher & lovingly cared for till we fell in adore with this home in October 15, 2008. We have had a New & Committed Appreciate for this home. This home is Family amiable, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offering all amenities possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Helpful environment. I had the comfort to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay in Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The peaceful island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can appreciate your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just relish the Sunsets
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Adore the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear From the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Family Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRW: K, SBRW: Q & 2 Bunk beds, MBRE: Q & Q, SBRE: S & S, Living Area: Q Sleeper, 4- 1/2 Baths (2 New Baths w/Non-Slip Ceramic Floor Tile & Fans). All New Hurricane Windows Throughout, All New Plantation Blinds Throughout, Very High Speed Wireless. Our Promise to You Is to Provide a Very Well-Maintained Big Oceanfront With Great Reception & Wi-Fi. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Welcoming Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! Cell Signal Booster for All Providers. All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, audio system iPod Dock, 5 Color TV's, Netflix Available to use with your account in the Living Room. 2 Ceiling Fans on the Porch, 2 in the Great Room. Library with Dedicated Ice Maker & Snow Cone Maker, 10 Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 3 Counter Stools. You May Appreciate Cooking in a Generous Kitchen With Extensive Double-Kitchen Cabinets, Labels Included on All Cabinets & Drawers, Inside Fish Sink Supplied With a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout, Glass Container w/Spout . You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! French Door Fridge, New Kitchen Stove, Microwave, Toaster Oven, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Abundance of Silver Ware & Dinner Ware, Cooking Utensils/Cookware, Take Away Disposable Food Containers, New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened In Porch, 5 Rockers, 2 Gliders, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Roof Deck / Sun Deck, Elevated Board Walk With Outside Shower / Foot Rinse, Fish Flag on Pole, Painted Path Stones That Will Come with You to the End of the Rainbow. Ground Floor Screened Shower With Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer, Weber Charcoal Grille, Kitchen Aid Gas Grille With Extra Propane Tanks, Picnic Table With 2 Benches, Childrens Table With 4 Stools. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Kitchen Ready for Your Use By That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning By Our Normal Check-In Time of 4pm). Great House with Countless Free Conveniences Supplied for Your Individual and Personal Pleasure, Dazzling Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all of your needs, the entrance front & back doors, the ground floor Laundry Room, & Guest Storage Room.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. You will find linen, towels, bed pads, bedspreads and pillows. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan, cleaning rags, bucket & mop are supplied for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied in an attempt to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent (Supplied in Laundry Room*)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Wall Sink Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pads (Supplied Under Sink)
• Dish Towels (Supplied)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter (Supplied)
You may no longer need water bottles
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Included*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Supplied)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Included)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll per Bathroom Included)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Included)
• Bath Soap (Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• BodyWash (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• Beach Chairs (Many Included in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Included in Guest Storage*)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Bag
If you need to rent linens, please contact one of the following suppliers to rent your linens, towels and/or beach equipment.
Julie's Units -
Calabash Photography Studio.
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a fashionable destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012! Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message!
The peerless place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach complimentary Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. (Look for the gazebo in the modest park across from Fibber's Restaurant on the mainland). This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M,W & F at 7 am, and T, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state of the art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property owners and rental houses supply Southport area printed travel guides that feature money-saving offers, either offered independently by vendors, or through a partnership between the property manager and the business itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Are your trip dates changeable? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for cost savings. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular groups of travellers. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to night life. If there's a specific Southport activity that you love, search for properties that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners often offer their guests an opportunity to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
You might be shocked to find out just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners frequently select management companies to assist with promoting and marketing, house cleaning and maintenance.
We've assembled a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation property experience.
Searching for and booking the best rental:
Before you decide to book " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"", examine our brief checklist of things to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Southport rental properties start booking very early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Pick your Town and Travel Week
Agreement can be tough between close relatives, but as soon as this difficult part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Decide on a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Make sure " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"" satisfies your price range *during your desired dates*. If many individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental contracts require a single person to be liable for the full reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is your group interested in? Do you want a rental home with outside dining area? Will the property need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to restaurants? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental rate? Make a list of "necessities and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable home.
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only property on the 3rd floor. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure you include your furry family members. Although many rental homes permit furry friends, rules and charges vary per property. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
Several websites exist to match visitors with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Southport local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Apart from having exceptional properties, local agencies offer you excellent service..
Re-read the description to ensure the rental home has everything you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar properties that suit your wishes and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read through the Total Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides comfort should tragedy strike.
Book your Rental Property
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental agreements require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental owner.
Get Contact Information
Remember to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are required get in touch with the property manager right away. If there is a difference of opinion about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will probably be valuable.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Natives will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a little bit. Even though you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The vacation home really should be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with pots and pans, surplus beach sand on the floor and sticky messes ought to be dealt with before leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damage. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Most rental sites ask for reviews after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for glowing critiques. If something went wrong and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you will want to note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a great time? Maybe everything was ideal and you're excited to reserve the rental for next year. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience that will help with another search.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.7 miles
- Drift - 4.7 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.8 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.8 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.3 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.4 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.2 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.7 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.9 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.2 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.4 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.3 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.5 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.0 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.0 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.8 miles