- Sunset Beach
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyYOUR HOST AT YOUR PLEASURE
Surf Watcher Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 929633
Gray Dolphin Vacation Rental By Owner ID # 932557
Of course you are on the BEACH. We appreciate to interact with our Guests. I am not on the beach but I am just a phone call away & by text or e-mail. We are committed to make your stay as ideal as possible. If and when needed I have personal assistance available on site.
DIRECTIONS TO SUNSET BEACH
Sunset Beach is located in Southeastern North Carolina. It is the last Island in North Carolina. The island is about 7 miles off of U.S. 17 at Highway 904. Coming from the North turn Left on to 904 (from the South turn Right). Take 904 to the second traffic light (roughly 4 miles from the intersection with U.S. 17). Turn right and follow the signs to Sunset Beach. The bridge onto the island is roughly 2 more miles. At the circle take the Mannon Gore bridge, 1 more mile to Main St. Turn right on to West Main St. 201 is on the corner of28th St, 903 is off the corner of 35th St.
THE BEAUTIFUL BEACH in NORTH CAROLINA
Sunset Beach, formally known as Bald Beach, is the southernmost island in North Carolina. The island was bought in 1955 by Mannon C. Gore from the Brooks family, which dates its ownership back to the 1700's. Mannon Gore, a farmer by trade, possessed vast skills in the bridge building and dredging work. Using these skills, Mr. Gore began his vision of Sunset Beach by designing and building the causeway and the first pontoon swing bridge onto the island. Mr. Gore also constructed the original Vesta Pier on the island named after a civil war blockade runner that now rests buried in the sand beside the present Sunset Beach pier. Unit sales began in 1958 and Sunset Beach has grown in every way since. To aid Mannon Gore, his son Edward M. Gore, Sr. joined the work in the late 1950's. Together they successfully developed and shaped the island into what the island is today. As the spectacular island's beaches grow in size, we continue to maintain the simple feeling of yesterdays when times were simpler.
This home has been family owned for more than 40 years. One of the original homes constructed on the West End Oceanfront in 1972. Constructed by Mr. Watcher & lovingly cared for till we fell in appreciate with this home in October 15, 2008. We have had a New & Committed Adore for this home. This home is Family chummy, just right for the number of visitors you may choose to invite & offering all amenities possible.
PEACE & QUITE
Sunset Beach is well known for its Family Affable environment. I had the enjoyment to encounter some bicycle riders. They were open about their want to stay in Sunset Beach. ”It’s rather”, they said.
The peaceful island that is ideal for your hideaway. The island has a few specialty stores where you can savor your morning-evening walks, bicycle rides, or excursion on the pier to fish or just relish the Sunsets
YOU GET ALL THIS
Your Family Will Appreciate the Spectacular Sunrises / Sunsets, Priceless Sea Vistas and Sounds that You Will Hear From the Outdoor spaces of This Sunset Beach Holiday Rental. This Sea Front Home Sleeps 14, Non-Smoking, No Family Animals. Bedrooms Consist of: MBRW: K, SBRW: Q & 2 Bunk beds, MBRE: Q & Q, SBRE: S & S, Living Area: Q Sleeper, 4- 1/2 Baths (2 New Baths w/Non-Slip Ceramic Floor Tile & Fans). All New Hurricane Windows Throughout, All New Plantation Blinds Throughout, Very High Speed Wireless. Our Promise to You Is to Provide a Very Well-Maintained Roomy Oceanfront With Great Reception & Wi-Fi. The Owners Make Consistent Annual Updates to the Structure, Furnishings, Linens & Conveniences in this Family Chummy Home. We Pledge to Provide You All the Comforts Possible! Cell Signal Booster for All Providers. All Bedrooms Have Their Own TV's. 2 DVD's, audio system iPod Dock, 5 Color TV's, Netflix Available to use with your account in the Living Room. 2 Ceiling Fans on the Porch, 2 in the Great Room. Library with Dedicated Ice Maker & Snow Cone Maker, 10 Seat Dining Table, Extra Folding Table With 6 Folding Chairs, 3 Counter Stools. You May Savor Cooking in a Giant Kitchen With Extensive Double-Kitchen Cabinets, Labels Supplied on All Cabinets & Drawers, Inside Fish Sink Included With a Dedicated Reverse Osmosis Water Filter w/Spout, Glass Container w/Spout . You Should No Longer Need Water Bottles! French Door Fridge, New Kitchen Stove, Microwave, Toaster Oven, 4 Slice Toaster, 12 Cup Coffee Maker, Abundance of Silver Ware & Dinner Ware, Cooking Utensils/Cookware, Take Away Disposable Food Containers, New Mats Throughout. 500sf Sea Side Screened In Porch, 5 Rockers, 2 Gliders, Breakfast Table with 4 Chairs. Roof Deck / Sun Deck, Elevated Board Walk With Outside Shower / Foot Rinse, Fish Flag on Pole, Painted Path Stones That Will Come with You to the End of the Rainbow. Ground Floor Screened Shower With Hot & Cold Water, New Washer & Dryer, Weber Charcoal Grille, Kitchen Aid Gas Grille With Extra Propane Tanks, Picnic Table With 2 Benches, Childrens Table With 4 Stools. Cement Ground Floor Parking Area Sand Free. Partial Check-In Is Accepted After 1:30pm (We'll Have a Bedroom, Bathroom, and Kitchen Ready for Your Use By That Time. You Can Drop the Bags and Head to the Beach While We Finish the Cleaning By Our Normal Check-In Time of 4pm). Great House with Countless Free Conveniences Supplied for Your Individual and Personal Pleasure, Dazzling Vistas of the Atlantic & the Wondrous Sky.
ONE KEY for YOUR NEEDS
One key gets you into all of your needs, the entrance front & back doors, the ground floor Laundry Room, & Guest Storage Room.
THINGS to BRING
Our home is supplied for normal housekeeping. It is furbished to the owner's taste, so please care for these items as they were your own. You will find linen, towels, bed pads, bedspreads and pillows. Our home will have starter paper products for your emergency appreciation. Cleaning materials; broom, dust pan, cleaning rags, bucket & mop are included for your appreciation. This brief checklist is supplied in an attempt to assist you with your packing and shopping.
• Laundry Detergent (Included in Laundry Room*)
• Dish Washing Detergent (Wall Sink Dispenser Supplied)
• Dish Washer Jell Pods (Supplied Under Sink)
• Dish Towels (Included)
• Reverse Osmosis Water Filter (Included)
You may no longer need water bottles
• Disposable One Time Use Food Containers (Supplied*)
• Kitchen Garbage Bags (Supplied)
• Paper Towels (One Roll Supplied)
• Toilet Paper (One Roll per Bathroom Supplied)
• Bed Sheets (Supplied)
• Bath Towels (Supplied)
• Face Cloths (Supplied)
• Bath Soap (Dispenser Supplied in Each Bathroom*)
• BodyWash (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom*)
• Shampoo (Wall Dispensers Included in Each Bathroom*)
• Beach Chairs (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Toys (Many Supplied in the Guest Storage*)
• Beach Cart (Included in Guest Storage*)
NOTE: * These items can only be guaranteed or replenished if missing at the season's end
THINGS NOT PROVIDED
• Beach Towels
• Beach Umbrella
• Beach Bag
Calabash Photography Studio.
Set an appointment with Forrest or Suzy King for your family's holiday photo.
BIRD ISLAND COASTAL RESERVE
Located across Mad Inlet from Sunset Beach, this uninhabited barrier island is a acclaimed destination for visitors. You can reach it by walking along the oceanfront from the west end of Sunset Beach. The State of NC bought this island in 2002 for conservation uses. The island was reviewed as one of the top 10 most unusual beaches in the world in a travel article in 2012!
Visit the Kindred Spirit mailbox and leave a message!
The most superb place in town to grab a boat or jet ski for a day is the Sea Isle Fishing Center on neighboring Sea Isle. They offer powered fishing boats, jet skis, kayaks, and even paddle boats to cruise up and down the intercostal waterway.
THE OLD BRIDGE
Go visit it and share its story with the full family on your next holiday.
We have a very active Turtle Season each year. Turtle Talk is held during the summer from June 1st through Labor Day weekend on Sunday nights at 7 pm at our main office on the island-learn more about the turtles that nest here at Sunset Beach. The program is presented by the Sunset Beach Turtle Patrol. (Want to learn more about the turtle program?)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT CONCERTS
The Sunset Beach complimentary Concert Series is held between Memorial Day and Labor Day at the Village Park at Oceanside Village. This runs 6:30-8:30 each Wednesday (weather permitting).
YOGA ON THE BEACH
You have a chance to join in during your summer holiday. Sessions are held M,W & F at 7 am, and T, & Th at 7 pm on the beach at the 40th Street boardwalk. Come with a BIG towel and water. There is a fee of $10 per class (cash only). For more information, contact Kelly
This is a state of the art facility located on the mainland in Sunset Beach. It includes a theater for rotating shows about the sky and a science and education center, and a present shop.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you printed guide books with special offers for lodging, restaurants and activities. Be on the lookout for these books and promotional books, because this allows visitors to enjoy the very same terrific activities at a frequently significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to switch your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons can offer incredible rates on rentals.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or returning travelers to the same vacation home. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discount.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially designed to serve particular customers, whether it is beachfront units with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. You'll receive the best value from a rental which most directly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed due to health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
General Rental property Tips & Tricks
You might be shocked to learn how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, guests are sure to select a property which fits their wishes and spending budget.
The majority of rentals in Southport are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, technology and knowledge to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Here are some tips and tricks to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
How to find and reserve the right rental home:
Before you decide to book " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"", examine our short collection of factors to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Southport rental properties are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the most desirable selection of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Southport getaway Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for families to plot their Summer trips..
Select a Community and Time
Start by determining which particular area of Southport you would like to browse, and the determine trip dates.
Choose a Size
Establish who is traveling, and how many/what particular bedroom setup you'll need. Consider that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. If not, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Have a Spending Limit
Make sure that " @ Ocean Front Guest Friendly Home "The Jewel On The Beach"" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, confirm that everyone knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is the family searching for? Are you looking for a vacation property with outside dining area? Does the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental property rate? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Adequate access can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Remember to include your companion! Pets are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but policies differ. Make certain to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are included.
Where to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Southport local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies often have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Rental management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Good luck on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages when you arrive. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are required contact the home manager immediately. If there is a dispute about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be incredibly helpful.
- You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation a little more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of advice. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Remember to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Many vacation rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for customers to provide comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your compliments. If anything was wrong and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you will want to make it a point in your feedback.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everyone have a blast? Maybe everything was ideal and you're all set to re-book the same property for next year. If the rental property wasn't ideal, and you'll better understand how to improve your search for the next time.
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- The Oyster Rock - 3.3 miles
- Sugar Shack - 4.7 miles
- Drift - 4.7 miles
- Causeway Gourmet - 4.8 miles
- The Breakers Arcade - 4.8 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sunset Beach Pier - 0.3 miles
- Julie's Rentals - 0.4 miles
- Summertide Adventure Tours - 1.2 miles
- Oyster Bay Golf Links - 1.7 miles
- Sea Trail Plantation - Maples Course - 1.8 miles
- Blue Planet Watersports - 2.9 miles
- Thistle Golf Club & Estates - 3.2 miles
- Calabash Nautical Gifts & St. Nick Nacks - 3.5 miles
- Calabash Garden Tea Room And Gift Shop - 4.0 miles
- Sunset Beach Trading Company - 0.4 miles
- Coral Tree Salon and Day Spa - 3.3 miles
- Callahan's of Calabash - 3.5 miles
- Jewelry By Wendy - 4.0 miles
- Moon Fairy's - 4.0 miles
- Eagles Beachwear - 4.8 miles